Open a Bike D-lock with a Biro

Cattwg

I have been following the recent thread on bike covers and there have been several mentions of D-locks to secure the bikes. The link below shows how easy it is to open a D-lock with the body of a Biro type pen.

I tried it on mine, admittedly it’s not a Kryptonite, but I opened it, at the first ever attempt, in about 20 seconds!!

As mentioned on the bike covers thread maybe more than one type of security device is a good idea.

I don’t think I’m assisting any would be thieves by posting this – it is freely available on YouTube.

Cattwg :-D

I don't think you are assisting any scumbags Cattg, this has been known about in motorbike circles for ages, in fact if I'm not mistaken a couple of manufacturers replaced some locks free of charge because they were so easy to open. Still good to raise the point though as some people may not have been aware that any lock with a barrel type key should never be depended on

Guest JudgeMental
any lock without a proper security key can be vulnerable to opening with a biro...stay away from them! I thought this was common knowledge *-)

Archived