Aire in Cherbourg

Mike B.

Hi All

Does anybody have any experience of the aire at 'La Cite de la Mer' in Cherbourg as we are coming back through Cherbourg/Poole and thought it would be a good place to see and convenient to stay at? Are the spaces large as will have the bike/trailor on back? Is it as it appears within walking distance of centre?

Never even heard of this aire before so maybe it's new?

Any experiences/opinions welcome

Thanks

Mike

HI Mike,

Be careful as a lot of bad reports last year esp, when towing a bike as theft can be high, try some aires outside the town, some lovely ones down by the landing beaches and still not too far from Cherbourg.

Regards,

Brendan

I certainly wouldn’t want to overnight next to the Cite de la Mer, though I’d be happy enough parking there during the day.

We used to overnight on the car-park of the Centre Nautique, close to the campsite in Tourlaville, 4km east of Cherbourg. Such parking was ‘authorised’ at the time, but I’m not sure what the present position is. We haven’t been to Cherbourg for several years but, nowadays, I might choose to overnight here:

http://www.lorimier.fr/

Hi Guys

Thanks for the info-didn't know there was that much of a problem around Cherbourg as to be fair not come through that way for many a year.

Special thanks to Derek re the aire-looks really nice and will more than likely go for that. Is it a private ones as appears to be-if so is it bookable given they only have 6 o/n plots?

any contact email address or anything? If not I will probably drop them a line to advise we are coming!

Thanks again

Mike

Mike B. - 2011-05-17 3:27 PM

Hi Guys

Thanks for the info-didn't know there was that much of a problem around Cherbourg as to be fair not come through that way for many a year.

Special thanks to Derek re the aire-looks really nice and will more than likely go for that. Is it a private ones as appears to be-if so is it bookable given they only have 6 o/n plots?

any contact email address or anything? If not I will probably drop them a line to advise we are coming!

Thanks again

Mike

Contact details on:

http://www.normandiealaferme.com/normandie/ferme-ferme-de-l-orimier-275405/coordonnees

I doubt you will be able to book, but you can always ask.

Archived