Channel crossing

John.N

On frequent trips to France from Devon I have used Brittany Ferrries Plymouth/Roscoff (long crossing, very expensive, but convenient) or Norfolk Line Dover/Dunkirk (short crossing, frequent ferries,cheap, but long way from Devon) depending which part of Europe I am going to. However I am tempted by the reports from somr of you of the convenience of the Tunnel.

Can you just turn up on spec, and is there a financial advantage/disadvantage in last minute/advance bookings?

Guest pelmetman
Its like most forms of transport planes trains etc, If you book ahead you will save money, if you turn up on spec they will charge a fortune *-) ........................

If you intend to travel via eurotunnel at least 5 times in 12 months then open a frequent traveller account which works out @ £96 return and is totally flexible you only have to book 1 day before you want to travel and you book to return when it suites you if you have to cancell the booking is put back into your account so you lose nothing.Normally booking in advance and travlling off peak works out about £180 / £250 so even if you did not use the 5 returns in 12 months it can still work out cheaper , we have done this for the last 4 years booked to-day to travel to-morrow its that easy. 

Booking on line is cheaper.

My own fault got the return date wrong and couldn't understand why I could not get through the barrier.

Called an assistant when he pointed out my error, m/h and trailer one way £520 !!

Did a u turn went to an hotel by the animal center used their wifi and booked £180. Still hurt but not as much as 520.

I had never paid much attention before, but when checking in now I notice loads of people paying at the booth *-)

Roy

Archived