X250 deadlocking 'reativation' ?

colin

Following on from the earlier thread on the lack of deadlocking on some German supplied vans I wondered if anyone had their deadlocking 'reactivated'?

The Fiat helpline have no info and tell me to contact dealer, but I can't help but think this will not be a common request, so anyone?

Hi Colin,

There is an option on my diagnostic computer (Technotest Reflex) to enable or disable deadlocking on X250 so it is a certainty that this is also a feature on the Fiat Examiner unit. A dealer should be able to do this for you; or anyone that has the same kit as we do. As long as the equipment and controls have been fitted to the vehicle at the factory it is but a press of the button to reset.

Nick

Guest JudgeMental

will watch this with interest...as my local Fiat franchised agent said "yeah maybe.... if the gear is fitted in door and whatever"...less then helpful

not sure if its a good idea anyway, as you can lock everything on the button and dash but obviously if someone smashes a window they can open the door. I kinda understand why on a motorhome it is disabled.... :-S

I will probably leave as is as Cat 1 alarm will sound if door opens when asleep anyway *-)

dwaviation - 2011-06-03 4:46 PM

When you press to lock on the dash then only the button on the dash will unlock them again.

I've just wasted 1min of my life double checking that to make sure I wasn't wrong :D

Not on our van

JudgeMental - 2011-06-03 4:39 PM

will watch this with interest...as my local Fiat franchised agent said "yeah maybe.... if the gear is fitted in door and whatever"...less then helpful

not sure if its a good idea anyway, as you can lock everything on the button and dash but obviously if someone smashes a window they can open the door. I kinda understand why on a motorhome it is disabled.... :-S

I will probably leave as is as Cat 1 alarm will sound if door opens when asleep anyway *-)

Don't hold your breath, it's a bit of a drag going to the nearest Fiat dealer, may just try local Citroen dealer as it's only 5 miles away.

We have 6 habition windows I could fit throu if needs be, so I'm not to worried about safety aspect.

Archived