To Germany or not?

Hopesy

Well, the tunnel is booked for 2 weeks time and I've got a loose plan in my head for a trip down to Munich for a few days then on to the Bavarian Alps returning at the beginning of July. I've researched (well, looked a few sites and things) the route and stop offs, towing the motorbike for some fun in the mountains, now Mrs Hopesy is not so sure because of the e-coli outbreak. So should i change my plans? i would have thought that Germany would be one of the safest places to be in two weeks when all the hygeine practices and bans on imports have had a chance to kick in. (?)

Guest JudgeMental
Yes I tend to agree....... But will be interesting to see what the source of this outbreak turns out to be....

GO! GO GO!

And when you get back do a report please, I want to go at sometime.

I have been before but it was years ago, I never got to like sausage and chips and a Bierkrug full of beer for lunch. It's probably changed now.

H

Just had cucumber, lettuce and other "contaminated" salad for lunch, I feel fine.

Hi Hopsey. We got back from Germany & Austria last week after spending 2-3 weeks there, didn't hear of any problems until we got back over here, And yes we ate salads while over there and so did everyone else including the locals because it was that warm.

We were in the Harz mountains for the 1st week then down into Austria by the middle of the 2nd week and into France by the 3rd week, had a lovely time.

You could stay over here and catch pneumonia I suppose (lol)

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2011-06-04 7:16 PM

Hi Hopsey. We got back from Germany & Austria last week after spending 2-3 weeks there, didn't hear of any problems until we got back over here,

Dave

Look the Germans are not ones for advertising conditions or outbreaks etc. They like you to think everything is rosy in the camp!...Sites I meant (lol)

postnote - 2011-06-04 7:27 PM

Hi Hopsey. We got back from Germany & Austria last week after spending 2-3 weeks there, didn't hear of any problems until we got back over here,

Dave

Look the Germans are not ones for advertising conditions or outbreaks etc. They like you to think everything is rosy in the camp!...Sites I meant (lol)

Well Hopsey must think it's alright, He's already booked a tunnel (lol)

postnote, Did you mean breakout and not outbreak?

Dave (lol)

Dave

Well Hopsey must think it's alright, He's already booked a tunnel (lol)

postnote, Did you mean breakout and not outbreak?

Dave (lol)

I think you will find outbreak was first mentioned by Hopsey, you really should read all posts nowtelse2do before you decide to put your foot in it.

If it helps Mrs Hopsey overcum her fears, I have a friend who has just come back from a motorbike holiday with his wife in Germany. He tells me that Mrs. Hopsey should be pretty safe from any risks as long as she keeps away from German sausage.

Well if Mrs Hopsey has booked the tunnel it means she is not frightened of a portion of German sausage. :-D

JudgeMental - 2011-06-04 10:22 AM

Yes I tend to agree....... But will be interesting to see what the source of this outbreak turns out to be....

Apparently salad items. And it's just been on BBC News that they have isolated a particular Restaurant where it's believed a number of cases dined. No blame is being attached to the Restaurant but they want to know exactly who their suppliers are.

hallii - 2011-06-04 2:32 PM

GO! GO GO!

And when you get back do a report please, I want to go at sometime.

I have been before but it was years ago, I never got to like sausage and chips and a Bierkrug full of beer for lunch. It's probably changed now.

H

Just had cucumber, lettuce and other "contaminated" salad for lunch, I feel fine.

Will PM you on our return if you like.

Outbreak seems to being blamed on a restaurant in Leubeck and the owner was interviewed on the radio. I would have thought it would have been better to confirm where the contaminated food had come form rather than a suggestion before announcing it to the world.

We're still going can't see currywurst, beer and rye bread being too much of a concern now :-D ;-)

Archived