Carver Cascade Rapide

seasider1

dont know if prob with heater or pump water gets hot on mains and gas but hot water pressure starts ok then slows to a stop cold water pressure is fine have got instructions but no help have tried a turn on pressure swtch no change bessacarr 370 it all started after i drained van and refilled dont know if airlocked any advice welcome pete

A common problem that results in these symptoms is that the non-return valve gets stuck.

If you Google "Carver Cascade non-return valve problem" you will get a good few hits.

I'm sure I read in the past that it was sometimes possible to fix this without replacing the valve, by a judicious bit of "poking about", but at the moment, I can't find any reference to it. :-(

All the plastic hose connectors( including the inlet with its one way valve), drain plugs etc on the Carver Cascade get brittle with age and can break off and flood the van. Its best to renew the lot once every five years. Most Caravan dealers stock them at about £22 all in.

I have just done mine for the second time as we have had the van that long) Its common for them to seize up and snap off in the alloy housing. My method of extracting the bit is to drill the plastic out with the appropriate size drill (a size smaller than the thread core diameter ( as checked from the new parts) . I use a hand brace as you can feel if the drill wanders of and bites metal. With a bit of luck a right angled pick ( bent nail) will clean out the thread.

The unit has to be drawn out of the side of the van and can probabaly be done without disconnecting the gas supply. Take it to professional unless you are confident in your own abilities.

Archived