pulled over

penguin9

If over weight your prosecuted, but at someones discretion if it is only a very small margin then you may be lucky and get a warning. Fine's can be quite heavy and there is also a threat of a prison sentence if you have (let's say) killed someone.

But if you are a family man and plead your human rights you will be let out of jail in no time.

Dave

Got pulled over at Bagen on the Swiss border and taken round the back and weighed. We were quite heavily loaded and I had just filled the Luton with beer from Lidl in Germany (and Im not talking about a 6 pack). I think we were 60 KG over in total but I dont think they were bothered, they just couldnt believe a 7,5 metre van with a motorbike on the back was under 3500KG with a standard Vignette but we were (just)

We got stopped every time on the swiss border but we just showed them the first print out from Bagen and they were happy.

I understand that this week they are pulling and checking on the M40.

I just packed the van and got weighed this afternoon. We are about bang on the limit, full tank of diesel but no water.

t5tripper - 2011-06-08 1:31 PM

I was stopped and weighed as a survey in the street once, nothing to do with my motorhome - does that count (lol)

What was the result?

Were you overweight and how much were you fined? :D

Archived