Window Rubber Sticking

bromleyxphil

Porky - 2011-06-10 6:16 PM

Vaseline, simple and cheap. It needs doing reasonably regularly if you are in Spanish type heat.

Roy Fuller

Vaseline is petroleum based and will rot the seals as Brian says use baby powder or silicon spray/grease.

I use baby powder on the windows and silicon on the rooflights.

I used to use a product called Armor-All which was for rubber seals and similar. Guess it was one of the early forerunners of what is now just branded 'Silicone spray'. Not sure if it is still available but now I just use silicone spray. Spray it onto a clean cloth and then wipe around and under all the seals, seems to do the trick.

Colin Leake - 2011-06-12 11:37 AM

No No No do not on any account use vaseline. It will attack the seals and make the problem worse. Talcum power is readily available and is by far the best solution. One application will do the job for years.

DO NOT use Talcum powder use Baby Powder, Talcum powder is perfumed & the additives they use will attack the rubber.

Guest Tracker

Baby powder is best for all sorts of uses - some of which I would not begin to describe on here - too many members who are delicate and easily upset !

But if it's good enough for a baby's bum it must be good enough for a motorhome!

Guest Tracker

OK Lenny - just between ourselves though - OK?

I have a medium weight metal working vice and a wood working vice on my bench in the garage and I have a gurt big old blacksmiths vice that I used to use for the heavy stuff. I also have a cute little clamp on portable vice that used to live on the boat and a dainty little portable vice that lives in the van - although it's so long since I used it I can't remember where I stowed it for safe keeping!

Is that what you wanted to know?

Archived