Book advice!

wild rover

Can anyone offer any suggestions for a good read? We are heading off tomorrow for a four day 'golf trip' so I am looking for something exciting to read while my other half plays golf all day long. I like historical mystery thrillers, and have just finished reading The Lost Relic by Scott Mariani which was brilliant! Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Pam

Guest JudgeMental
cant help I'm afraid as not my kinda book. But this reminds me that I usually start a summer reading thread every year......

JudgeMental - 2011-06-11 2:31 PM

cant help I'm afraid as not my kinda book. But this reminds me that I usually start a summer reading thread every year......

Please do start a summer reading thread.....it's a fantastic idea! :-D

Pam

wild rover - 2011-06-11 1:11 PM

Can anyone offer any suggestions for a good read? We are heading off tomorrow for a four day 'golf trip' so I am looking for something exciting to read while my other half plays golf all day long. I like historical mystery thrillers, and have just finished reading The Lost Relic by Scott Mariani which was brilliant! Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Pam

Labyrinth by Kate Moss

Grail Quest series; Harlequin, Vagabond, Heretic by Bernard Cornwall

Hi

Not read any by Scott Mariani but can recommend the ‘Lizzie Martin’ murder mysteries, set in Victorian England, written by Ann Granger:

1. A Rare Interest in Corpses (2006)

aka The Companion

2. A Mortal Curiosity (2008)

3. A Better Quality of Murder (2010)

If you go to www.fanatsticfiction.co.uk and look up Scott Mariani, you'll find at the bottom of the page a list of authors that readers of his novels have looked at.

I will try some of his now. Thanks!

Gwendolyn

Thanks for all your suggestions! Gwendolyn, if you are going to read a Scott Mariani novel, start with The Alchemist's Secret. It's the first in the series. Mariani's books are excellent. The hero, Ben Hope, is a brilliant character.

Pam

Archived