Mudflaps again

Goldie

Has anyone been successful in obtaining rear mudflaps for the latest Peugeot LWB Boxer, other than buying the Ducato product, then removing the Ducato logo? Am i right in thinking that the Fiat product would fit perfectly?

Guest JudgeMental
I bought some truly horrible ones online...advertised as mud catchers I think, they where of the hairy plastic variety? a bit like a garden door mat....they went straight back! and have been to scared to order anything else since. will watch this thread with interest :-S

Guest JudgeMental
corkbuoy - 2011-06-22 4:01 PM

Fitted a pair of these to my 1998 Ducato, good fit and quality at a reasonable price

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_782675_langId_-1_categoryId_212506

Thanks for that they look good value! Any drilling involved? as I would prefer if they just clip on with bolts.....

( I was born in Cork City)

Hi Eddie,

They are Clamp fitting, but I'm not sure if they will fit the Fiat Ducato / Peugeot Boxer, but check the size (below) also reading the review they are no longer made (& they are not shown on the English website)

"Cannon stopped making these for a while but they are back and available now. These are the best universal flaps available and particularly useful for vehicles where flaps are not available or need to be customised due to the car being lowered. I have put these on 2 of my Anniversary edition MkIV Golfs. You can put flaps on due to the factory side skirts, but these do the trick."

The detail shown is :-

Cannon Mudflaps Product Description

This pair of Cannon Mudflaps are made from heavy duty rubber, which is very strong and flexible. They are easy to fit with clamp fittings, which require no drilling and all the fixings are included. They will fit either the front or rear of all cars with a wheel arch flange.

Features & Benefits of Cannon Mudflaps

Made from heavy duty rubber, strong and flexible

Easy fit clamp fittings, no drilling required

Fits both front & rear of all cars with a wheel arch flange

Size: 34cm x 22 cm

Includes: Pair of Mudflaps and fixings (nuts, bolts, metal discs & plastic discs)

Made my mudflaps from a couple of damaged trailer mudflaps from our local haulage company, as Clive says cardboard template and a jigsaw. Ours are of the antispray type material. I got the clips from a couple of cars in a scrapyard when I was looking for something else

Thanks for all the suggestions which have been explored.. Although we've made and fitted 'hedgehog matting' mudflaps for previous A-class and coachbuilt 'vans, we would prefer something easly fitted this time. Still looking . . . .

Clive - 2011-06-22 4:32 PM

I have made big mud flaps from large plastic containers found at the council dump. Make a cardboard template first and then cut out with jigsaw.

Don,t anyone dare say I am tight! OK

C.

Okay ... but we can still think it!!!! :D

Archived