Grumpy old gits!

Dave Newell

Dave Newell - 2011-06-22 8:56 PM

BOO!!

Go on then, turn that into an argument!

D.

Nah! Can't be bothered. It's Solstice week and Glasto this weekend [but I won't be there this year, alas] ..... Chill....

From

A Paid up Member of Grumpy Old Gits Club...

Facebook seems to have a down market image but the facebook group that I am on which is all about the city that I was born and bred in is an absolute treat, 4000 plus members and rising, thousands of old and recent pictures of the smoky old town.

All members post using their full real names, no hiding behind a nickname and best of all real friendly with no nasty vicious posts, a 100% different from this group of so called intelligent people.

The posts on this group that i look forward to reading are from CliveH, Brian Kirby, Dave the pelmet man, Syd, Richard, Bruce, Antony, Raycred, Donna and Mel there are quite a few others whose names I can't bring to mind at the moment so forgive me if I have missed you out.

By all accounts a lot of the members on here are of the professional types but some of them are nothing but a shower of s***e.

CliveH - 2011-06-23 11:57 AM

I do wish you would not always sit on the fence Malc!

Come on tell us what you think!!

(lol) (lol) (lol)

Clive,

I honestly think that the posters of bitchy comments on here are all raving Queens, office queens mincing round their desks (lol)

Guest Tracker
knight of the road - 2011-06-23 11:15 AM

some of them are nothing but a shower of s***e.

I have this mental image of a an unspecified group of persistently pathetic past and present forumites gathered together to hold their AGM to elect who is the biggest pain in the bum to the rest of us as their leader - just as a squadron of pigs fly over showering them with much deserved sh1t.

Funny isn't it how some postings elicit images - what's your favourite?

Tracker - 2011-06-23 12:28 PM

just as a squadron of pigs fly over showering them with much deserved sh1t.

After having watched the James May programme on how the body works, flying pigs seem appropriate. May informed us that pigs can produce 2 pints of sperm

AliB - 2011-06-23 12:57 PM

Tracker - 2011-06-23 12:28 PM

just as a squadron of pigs fly over showering them with much deserved sh1t.

After having watched the James May programme on how the body works, flying pigs seem appropriate. May informed us that pigs can produce 2 pints of sperm

Lucky pigs.

Guest Tracker

pigs can produce 2 pints of sperm

You have to wonder how anybody would come to know that?

I see another mental image just arriving!

Tracker - 2011-06-23 1:14 PM

I can just imagine ALiB giving a helping "hand"

As an aside can these posts be classed as banal and unworthy of being posted on this high faluting group?

Guest Tracker
knight of the road - 2011-06-23 1:24 PM

As an aside can these posts be classed as banal and unworthy of being posted

Only by the persistently pompous topic police!

knight of the road - 2011-06-23 11:15 AM Facebook seems to have a down market image but the facebook group that I am on which is all about the city that I was born and bred in is an absolute treat, 4000 plus members and rising, thousands of old and recent pictures of the smoky old town. All members post using their full real names, no hiding behind a nickname and best of all real friendly with no nasty vicious posts, a 100% different from this group of so called intelligent people. The posts on this group that i look forward to reading are from CliveH, Brian Kirby, Dave the pelmet man, Syd, Richard, Bruce, Antony, Raycred, Donna and Mel there are quite a few others whose names I can't bring to mind at the moment so forgive me if I have missed you out. By all accounts a lot of the members on here are of the professional types but some of them are nothing but a shower of s***e.

No offence taken.

When you read through the posts its quite easy to suss out who the good guys are and who the bad guys are, the good guys are the ones who you would like to have a natter and share a drink with if you met them on site, the bad guys with the black hats are the ones I wouldn't give the time of day.

I am the king of frivolity and dont have a serious bone in my body, for me life is a bowl of cherries, living, laughing and loving although not too much loving for me due to my 3 monthly hormone injections which put a stop to that, but I do have a fund of memories to look back on.

I know quite a few guys who all had that serious outlook on life and the strange thing is, they are all dead, died an early death.

Life for me is good, no debts, no mortgage no screaming kids round my ankles anymore, doing a job I like and best of all I have no worries about job security, what more can one ask for?

Guest Tracker

BOO!!

D.

That is very unfair to a goose and must count as persecution of a minority species contrary to the Goosey Rights Act as passed by the EU in Brussels last week.

Anyone who has been frightened by a BOO or otherwise goosed recently should consider making a formal complaint via their own member - the right honourable member for Goose Green - Mother Goose.

knight of the road - 2011-06-23 4:19 PM

When you read through the posts its quite easy to suss out who the good guys are and who the bad guys are, the good guys are the ones who you would like to have a natter and share a drink with if you met them on site, the bad guys with the black hats are the ones I wouldn't give the time of day.

I am the king of frivolity and dont have a serious bone in my body, for me life is a bowl of cherries, living, laughing and loving although not too much loving for me due to my 3 monthly hormone injections which put a stop to that, but I do have a fund of memories to look back on.

I know quite a few guys who all had that serious outlook on life and the strange thing is, they are all dead, died an early death.

Life for me is good, no debts, no mortgage no screaming kids round my ankles anymore, doing a job I like and best of all I have no worries about job security, what more can one ask for?

Not all the guys who wear black hats are bad guys though............... ;-)

Guest pelmetman

Sue often calls me a pig 8-) ............................that must be why (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Tracker - 2011-06-23 5:18 PM

BOO!!

D.

That is very unfair to a goose and must count as persecution of a minority species contrary to the Goosey Rights Act as passed by the EU in Brussels last week.

Anyone who has been frightened by a BOO or otherwise goosed recently should consider making a formal complaint via their own member - the right honourable member for Goose Green - Mother Goose.

I must take exception to that, is this the same EU that allows for the poor geese and their cousins, the ducks, to be force fed to produce foie gras? I can therefore only assume that the passing of this new Act is so that they can protect their foie gras supply .... 8-)

Guest peter
Tracker - 2011-06-23 1:14 PM

You having a J Arthur then Richard?. :D

Talking of certain 'images' that come to mind ... my boss is currently on long-term sick leave (stress ... not MY doing!) and consequently one of his underlings is holding the fort. Having a chat with the underling yesterday I was informed that he needed more support (understandable) so some of my other work was to be passed to others so I could do more for him (joy of joys .... not).

His latest idea is to get a dictaphone as he has the most appauling handwriting and I'm fully qualified in audio-typing so no problem there, however, he did suggest that he could use it when 'contemplating' in the toilet (a time when he gets a chance to think clearly) but he then had second thoughts due to the image which may come to my mind of his sitting on the bog dictating ... until I pointed out that there would be something even worse ... namely the 'sound effects' in the background!!! 8-) He might still get a dictaphone but it will be strictly for office (his 'proper' one) use only! :D

pelmetman - 2011-06-23 6:42 PM

Sue often calls me a pig 8-) ............................that must be why (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Dave, as a fellow ex-serviceman I actually stood up for you the other day, someone said that you were not fit to live with pigs and I told them that you were !! :D :D :D

Archived