Bathroom revamp

Mel B

Someone was enquiring about my revamped bathroom (at home, not in the motorhome silly!) before I went on holiday, here are before and after photos, I'm really glad I did the wood panelling and used the lovely teal colour, contrasted with a light silvery grey on top ... it looks smashing and it was really nice to see it again when we got back off holiday as I'd forgotten all about it .... :D

Just gotta do the rest of the place now .... *-)

584006114_Bathroom-old.JPG.7c0aba7c633eeeb676f043db7a1ca8a2.JPG

1886551514_Bathroom-new.JPG.6f18d6385c1c7f7e35d156a329f16839.JPG

Guest pelmetman
Is that a beer fridge by the bog Mel (?) :D ...............................Now that is well cool B-) B-) B-) B-)

Typical ... you lot are obsessed with beer and sex! Well, I suppose at your ages you have to get excited about whatever you can .... :D

As for the 'toys', if that's what you think they are, then I'll send them to you to play with, but you might feel a bit of a prick if you try to 'utilise' them ... and no I ain't gonna pull out all the needles either! >:-)

Guest pelmetman
bob b - 2011-06-24 7:50 PM

I was admiring your new bathroom, until I scrolled down and realised that was the one you ripped out ! What on earth was wrong with the original ?

The beer fridge was empty :D ....................

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2011-06-24 8:08 PM

Needles worn out :-D

Dave

But they've got a double ender now :D .............nudge nudge wink wink ;-) ...................

Bath I mean :D

Guest Tracker

I was admiring your new bathroom, until I scrolled down and realised that was the one you ripped out ! What on earth was wrong with the original ?

I was just thinking the same thing but the diplomat within me made me reluctant to say so - untill your posting gave me the strength to agree!

Sorry Mel - honest!

Well Mel, I think your new bathroom is great. Much nicer bath and panels with the side taps, and colour is excellent along with new shower curtain, picture frames etc. . Bit reserved on the wood panelling and rad box but marvelous make over. I can see why your are chuffed with it. Varnished wood seats are so....ermm.....well common, so glad to see it has gone. I can see you have also fitted a new light unit with spots which adds atmosphere.

It was 'warm cream', the taps had had it, it needed decorating anyway ... and the new suite was a bargain at £200! :->

By the time we'd bought new taps etc, it would have come to half the cost of the new suite anyway ... plus I wanted a 'push-me, pull-you' bath ... without the cactus! :D

Brambles - 2011-06-24 9:23 PM

Well Mel, I think your new bathroom is great. Much nicer bath and panels with the side taps, and colour is excellent along with new shower curtain, picture frames etc.

Why thank you kind sir :-D

Bit reserved on the wood panelling and rad box but marvelous make over. I can see why your are chuffed with it. Varnished wood seats are so....ermm.....well common, so glad to see it has gone. I can see you have also fitted a new light unit with spots which adds atmosphere.

We have a 1860s bungalow which was originally a cottage built by paupers on church land (once they had worked the land for so long they were allowed to build basic homes). It was very carefully extended by the previous owners so you really can't tell easily where the rear extension starts as they managed to obtain the same bricks from an old stable to do it. However being a basic pauper's cottage it doesn't have old beams etc on show and apart from the slightly sloping sides to the ceilings there's nothing to show it's character inside. I decided to do the panelling to try to give it some character and it does look really good 'in the flesh', as does the radiator cover.

I have fitted 2 sets of spotlights - each with 3 spotlights on - one set to light up the bathroom generally, the other in line with the mirror so you get a good light reflecting off it onto you so you can see myself properly and that I don't have a mucky face!

:D

front.jpg.d6836309b419a83aecd261048bf78bcc.jpg

Archived