SPEEDY WHEELIES HERSELF OFF HER BATRIBIKE

Clive

Pitty I was not there to take a photo, but err indoors (Speedy) was out on her new toy to get the Sunday papers. It took her a while as when attempting to climb a kerb on her third horsepower "Breeze" electric steed she managed to wheelie it and slide off the back landing in the gutter. Two nice gents picked her up and I applied plasters and (a little) sympathy when she returned home.. She has done this several times on her overpowered Monkey bike but on a leccy bike! I ask you. When will she learn?

C.

I know the feeling, I came off my electric bike outside Carrefour in Argeles Sur Mer last week and then a couple of days after the bike went over on its own whilst I was sat on it but not moving, fortunately the traffic stopped and two kind Frenchmen put their hazards on and helped me up, Martin was 50 yards in front so didn't see it happen. CarolH couldn't stop laughing when we got back to the site.

Sylvia

We bought two and have had them for two days. On our maiden voyage Mrs Hallii motored on the e-bike throttle for about a mile, when I gently reminded her yhat she was supposed to pedal a little, I was informed that if she wanted tp pedal she would switch the motor off!

They are a big hit, I wonder how long the bttery will last on throttle alone?

H

We have had ours for 18 months now and used them In Portugal for 3 months last winter, they were great, and I didn't fall off. Ours are Powabykes and on throttle only will go about 25kms on pedal assist they go 50 kms, this is dependant on hills and weight of rider obviously but we have never run out of battery power.

I have learned to approach riding my Urban Mover with rather more respect than a normal bike. The surprisingly strong low-speed torque lurks, ready to punish the unwary or the temporarily out of balance, especially when turning corners. I think this is why there is a prominent warning in the handbook about not trying to use it as a mountain bike, even though it is styled like one.........

Bob

Archived