Really Important Question

alan

Hi All

I've read with interest the Threads on polarisation, tyres, weights, driving ability, punctuation - but now to the really important question :-D - we're shortly leaving Dover on our trip to Croatia and require a bacon sandwich in Dover! Does anyone know of a cafe or wheeled delicatessan (otherwise known as a 'greasy spoon') in Dover? (Think the punctuation is right!).

Alan

alan - 2011-06-30 10:03 AM

Hi All

I've read with interest the Threads on polarisation, tyres, weights, driving ability, punctuation - but now to the really important question :-D - we're shortly leaving Dover on our trip to Croatia and require a bacon sandwich in Dover! Does anyone know of a cafe or wheeled delicatessan (otherwise known as a 'greasy spoon') in Dover? (Think the punctuation is right!).

Alan

Don't you have a cooker in your motor home?? :D

ALTERNATIVELY - the other thing you might miss once outside the UK is proper fish and chips.

There's a good chippy on Castle St, and usually room to park on street while you scoff them, before taking Randonneur's advice and sleeping it off on Marine Parade.

Not sure, they might even do bacon butties too - some chippies do.

Tony Jones - 2011-06-30 12:50 PM

ALTERNATIVELY - the other thing you might miss once outside the UK is proper fish and chips.

There's a good chippy on Castle St, and usually room to park on street while you scoff them, before taking Randonneur's advice and sleeping it off on Marine Parade.

Typical, Alan wants a bacon sandwich so you suggest Fish and chips. The man knows what he wants..Leave it there. :D

Randonneur - 2011-06-30 10:15 AM

Easy solution - park on Marine Parade and make your own.

If you're a member of the CC, you're not allowed to cook in lay-bys. :D

Last time I was in Dover ( a couple of years ago), there was a snack van in the big car park by the leisure centre.

postnote - 2011-06-30 1:01 PM

Tony Jones - 2011-06-30 12:50 PM

Typical, Alan wants a bacon sandwich so you suggest Fish and chips. The man knows what he wants..Leave it there. :D

In that case, I refer the Hon Member to the reply given by the Randonneur earlier this morning! :D

Hi All

Thanks for the various suggestions - we will be parked on the Marine Parade but leaving at 7am in the morning to catch the ferry we didn't want to be bothered to cook. When we're out in the van, we don't eat out often so I wanted to treat 'she who must be obeyed' to a little luxury and maybe a cup of coffee as well! However, we'll try the fish and chips on our return at a more 'fish n chip' hour. Meantime, we'll give the leisure centre car park a whirl!

Alan

Not a greasy spoon, but if you are walking round Dover the evening before you could try walking past Greggs at 71 Biggin Street, CT16 1BB just off the High St and a short walk from Marine Parade to check out their opening hours. (Or call 01304 203546) If I remember correctly, it opened at 0800 but the company is trialling longer opening hours in some stores so if your lucky it may have changed. The Greggs bacon roll was pretty good and fresh made to order last time I had one.

Please let the forum know how you get on in Coatia, I suspect a few will be planning to go at some point in the future.

Bob

Usinmyknaus

Thanks for the tip about Greggs, we will investegate and let everybody know about the important bacon sandwich. :-S

Am about to put a request onto another listing about Croatia so, as they say, watch this space.

Alan

• 5 months later...

Archived