Long range weather forecasting

Don Madge

Do we have any weather forecasters on here please?

I'm looking to take the van to the western isles late August early September for a shakedown trip after the refurbishment at Timberland.

We plan to leave for our winter trip to Turkey in early December so I would like to do a couple of weeks wild camping before the trip.

What I could do with is a forecast for about 3/4 weeks ahead. So can anybody help please?

Don

I use www.weather.com It is an American site but has the most extensive coverage I have found. The longest it will forecast is 10 days but it does have historical monthly data which can be a useful guide. I think anything more than a few days becomes unreliable in terms of timing even if they can predict a trend, but even then shifts in the pattern can change fairly quickly.

Roy Fuller

Looking at the TV chart last night it seems we may be due for some damp weather here in the south towards the weekend, I did notice a quiet space on the lower part of the low pressure line which I took to be an area of high pressure moving up from the South which if I'm correct will mean an anti-cyclone over the UK later in the following week, that's 10 days from today. If the jet stream stays where it is the high pressure could expand to cover the north as well with a warm westerly over the Isles.

We will see.

art

Archived