Autocruise Augusta -advice please

Ris

Our new 2011 Augusta comes with, as stated in the brochure, "fan driven heating into the cab area". This is not the heating from the engine when on the move but a sperate system to heat the cab when parked up. There is no mention of this facility in the manufactures handbook and was not included in the handover. I discovered during a recent holiday an electrical switch in the front nearside locker below the seat. My request is, can anyone tell me if this runs on mains and 12 volt or what and how is the temperature regulated. If anyone has the same model have they moved this on off switch to a more easlly getable position?

Thanks Ris

Thanks Chris, no that is not the same as I am talking about that provides radiator heat into lounge area via the ALDE system. The heating I am asking about is solely for the cab. Will have to go back to dealer if no response here.

Once again thanks for your interest.

Ris

Hi Ris, looking at the Augusta features it says that it has Alde central heating and a fan driven outlet into the cab area. I would assume this to mean that there is type of waterheated element off the heating system powered by the electrically operated fan which I would have thought would be 12volt or else it would be no use to you if not on electric hook up.

I believe this is a new, or newish, model? If so, it is a bit unlikely there will be another owner of an identical model on this forum.

If you want to know what this is, where it is located, its energy source, and how it operates - and the maker's manual doesn't tell you, the best places to ask will be: 1, the supplying dealer, or 2, Autocruise themselves.

Thanks Brian, my local friendly dealer is not an Autocruise dealer but acquired the motorhome for me. They have assured me that they will deal with any warranty problems so I just tried the forum in case their was any one who could help. I hope that you will agree that the coldest part of any motorhome is the cab area so this extra heating could be a blessing. If all else fails I will go back to dealer or rely on trial and error.

Ris

Archived