Fairford Air Show

JohnP

Is anyone going this year and if so where are you staying? I'm staying with the Gloucestershire Centre.

Splashed out this year having purchased entrance tickets to the show.

I haven't been on an airfield since 1958 - 1960 when I worked in ATC with the RAF

Hi John,

We're not going this year but last year stayed with the C & C C in the paddock. Not too bad a view although we did move to the other end of the field because a tugger, two vehicles away, insisted on running his new genny at the drop of a hat. Idiot, with a "what's it to you" attitude.

We had weekend tickets so cycled into the show and left our bikes chained to the fence.

We bought advanced tickets to two shows for this year and haven't been able to attend either.

Have a great show John, the flying display looks pretty good.

W2G

We'll be there again, can't wait in fact. We're also in the C&CC temporary holiday site where you get a great view of the aircraft as they're coming in to land (and of the displays, of course). Although they're not allowed to overfly the crowd on the airfield itself, they certainly do over the caravan sites!

Have a great time, I'm sure you will. Bring plenty of water with you though - the taps on the site are slow in the extreme!

mikemoss - 2011-07-11 10:00 AM

Although they're not allowed to overfly the crowd on the airfield itself, they certainly do over the caravan sites!

If the 'Blue Angels' from the USA are appearing, you could be wrong.

They flew right over the crowds at RAF Finningley some years ago. 8-)

Low and slow, sometimes upside down in formation. B-)

Archived