Tesco fuel offer

Mel B

For those of you who don't know, Tesco are running various offers for 5p off a litre of fuel, from the usual spend X amount, or buy X items, to get 5p off.

So far we've bought 2 lots of 4-packs of Princes tuna (fortunately we like tuna a lot!) and today got £10 worth of dog food (which we would've got anyway) to get another 5p off per litre - we make sure we don't overpay for the items though, you have to watch out as some of the 'offer' items have had their prices hiked to compensate for the 5p off fuel offer! *-)

What a lot of people don't realise is that you can use up to 3 of the till receipt vouchers at one time, so today we filled up the camper, got 73 litres in and saved a total of £10.95 using the 3 coupons.

I like a good deal!

:D

You are right, you do have to watch that the prices haven't been hiked up to compensate. The PG Tips is one example, Tesco price £6 to get 5p off a litre, the same size pack of PG in Iceland stores is £4. The tuna offer is also hiked at £4, Iceland sell for £3. Takes a lot of fuel to equate to the value you save.

What a lot of people don't realise is that you can use up to 3 of the till receipt vouchers at one time, so today we filled up the camper, got 73 litres in and saved a total of £10.95 using the 3 coupons

So mel your saying i can use 2 or 3 coupons together and get 10 or 15 p off per litre , is that correct ?

The traditional 5p off for spending £50 vouchers have specific wording on them precluding the use of more than one per transaction.

The Tescos website, however, confirms up to 3 per transaction (i.e. 15p per litre reduction), but given the above wording, I suspect this applies to the current 5p off vouchers for buying specific products only.

Robinhood - 2011-07-20 9:34 AM

The traditional 5p off for spending £50 vouchers have specific wording on them precluding the use of more than one per transaction.

The Tescos website, however, confirms up to 3 per transaction (i.e. 15p per litre reduction), but given the above wording, I suspect this applies to the current 5p off vouchers for buying specific products only.

While away last week, we were able to use 2 of the "£50 spend" vouchers along with one of the "tuna" vouchers, giving 15p/litre off. Whether we should have been able to may be a different matter!

We had an email from Sainsbury's last night..pushing a 10p off a litre,if you spend over £60..

Unfortunately our cupboards and freeezer are full and so are the fuel tanks!.. *-)

....and it says it's only on 'til the 24th..

(Having said this,I think the last time they had a "5p off" promotion,it *seemed* as if the price had crept up that week anyway.. :-S )

woody. - 2011-07-20 9:23 AM

So mel your saying i can use 2 or 3 coupons together and get 10 or 15 p off per litre , is that correct ?

Yup, that's what we've done. Just in case I'd printed the webpage which said we could do it, but they didn't bat an eyelid when my hubby went to pay.

Regarding the cost of the Tuna being about £1 more, we more than made up for that with what we saved, and as the dog food was the one we normally get which hadn't been hiked (their cheap mixer and large tins), we didn't have to worry about that anyway. :-D

We used the 10p Sainsbury's offer the other week, I filled up van whilst gf went in and paid, she came out in a state of shock, it took me quite some time to convince her that £127 was a bargain to top up the tank :D

colin - 2011-07-20 8:17 PM

We used the 10p Sainsbury's offer the other week, I filled up van whilst gf went in and paid, she came out in a state of shock, it took me quite some time to convince her that £127 was a bargain to top up the tank :D

Flipping heck Colin, what size tank have you got and what price per litre did you pay!!!! 8-)

We paid £1.359 per litre, got 73 litres, at a total cost of £99.21 less the 15p per litre (saving us £10.95), so the final cost was £88.26, even without the discount ours was still a lot cheaper than yours! :-S

We bought fuel at tesco £1.33 litre due to the 5p off. we bought PG tips at £4 when we were looking we noticed that next to the Promotion packs there were packs at £4. We checked with a member of staff who was there, she checked them out on her hand held computer and they came up at £4 so we bought them and they went through at the 5p off promotion. Did not know that you could use more than one coupon though.

David

We jumped at this one in the hope of filling our 'new' motorhome when we got it. Unfortunately, circumstance have meant we are going to pick it up on Saturday (woo-hoo!) , but the coupons were running out yesterday. So, took the Ford Focus along, filled it until it had it's chin in the air, and managed to save £4.00. Better than nothing, but would have saved double that if we had managed to get the m/h before then.

Don't fancy current offers - Nescafe at £6 or £8 for Golden Blend, and £9 for Persil. No jar of Nescafe is worth £6!

I dont know how much fuel they put in but this morning at Teso watche 2 cars stop they put fuel in both cars from 1 pump without turning pump off they way they went about it it was so quick they must have done this before

Alf

Archived