French Gas Attacks

antony1969

Read in The Sun today ( so it must be true ) about a number of gas attacks on sleeping foreign motorhomers in French service stations . It stated local police had been handing out warnings to motorhomers about a recent run of such incidents . It did not say what area or if any victims were Brits . Has anybody else heard of these latest incidents

Guest Tracker

Hear we go again!

I don't doubt your sincerity Antony but the media are less sensitive about letting the truth spoil a good story!

Cynical old me says where is the alleged victim's report and the Police and medical evidnce supporting such events?

I'm not saying it can't happen but hard incontrovertable evidence is mighty thin on the ground!

Did they have their phones hacked into as well!

On our first european trip we were well and truely robbed, at the police station I mentioned this to the sargent and he just laughed it off as a nonsense but did say that you are far more likely to get a peper gas attack than any other gassing.

When I also told him that whenever my coloured mate made love to a white woman he complained that his eyes always started to sting and water and sargent said "there you are then that would be her pepper gas" :$

This is a translated copy of an email sent to CampingcarInfos in France.

Hello, I am constable, on the A7 motorway. Being confronted with almost daily flights in the camper, I can send you some advice, I give to my friends and usually the victims of these flights ... up to you to share your forumers in the shape you want. Take a notebook and write down all the phone numbers for emergencies, such opposition CB, bank, opposition mobile phone (No Fixed), car assistance, insurance agency, and the numbers of relatives, often when people are stealing their mobile phones, they are lost because no longer know the phone numbers and in time ... (Right??) Hide a small amount in the camper, just in case ... (It will serve you a deal on the first charge in case of theft ...) Then, to avoid trouble, like intrusion ... Alarms do not work in your absence, so as you sleep in, well, it does not stop them ... no system works except .... a craft that I recommend ... you simply connect the horn or siren of your choice on the door switch ... These are switches that turn the dome light. Do not forget to install one or more switches to turn off the system ... because at night it is better not forget to cut it when peeing outside ... The awakening of the person who may be uncomfortable sleeping .... MDR Here, 95% of thefts occur while the occupants sleep in the camper ... they are "sometimes" gassed to add to their sleep, so caution ... the straps (attached to both front doors) and other expensive gadgets, are useless ..... the horn will attract the attention of peers and will flee the unscrupulous ... Well, being faced with many stripped of the road, I suggest you really do it all .... and most importantly, leave nothing, absolutely nothing visible in the cab ... The basic rule is ... well ... you Sebastian.

Guest pelmetman
JamesFrance - 2011-07-30 10:15 AM
pelmetman - 2011-07-30 12:01 AMRead it several times James8-)...........any chance of sub titles?:D
Sorry, I ran it through Google Translate. If you read French it came from here:http://forum.campingcar-infos.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=54156

Thanks James:D.... I think I've got the gist of it now:-S he seems to recommend the horn being connected to the cab light(dome?)

Seem's like a good idea, I wonder how much it would cost to have done?

Many owners who have full alarm systems such as strike back do not know how to set them so that the internal sensors are turned off at night and the door sensors left on. As a result they sleep with the alarm system switched off. This is especially true of second owners who have not been shown how the system works when they pick up the motorhome and or the instructions for the alarm system are missing. Many simply do not even know it is possible to do this. If you do have an alarm system ask the supplier to show you properly how it works or contact the manufacturer.

On several occasions this has come up in conversation and we have been able to show owners with alarm systems similar to ones we have or have had fitted how to set them up.

Archived