Sky viewing card.

snitrats

Any body know the answer to this before I try it and b****r it up,and spend the rest of the day talking to a Sky robot!

I was thinking of taking my sky box away in the van.I have a Sky plus box wired in to our main tv system.I also have a spare standard Sky box with no subscription that we rarely use upstairs for freesat.The question is ,rather than unwire the Skyplus box,can I just use the card in the other box to recieve all Sky channels? (?)

You could, if you wanted to, have the Sky Card twinned with the other box temporarily whilst you are away and then when you come back do the opposite. Of course, if there is someone staying in your house whilst you are away they will only be able to watch the Free To Air programs.

Depends on your package. If you've got premium channels (movies, sport), then as above the card is paired to the box. If, however, you've only got standard channel packs, then the card will work in any box.

Must admit, not sure whether, if you've got a premium channel package, the standard channels will work in a non-paired box...assume so.

Try it - nothing will blow up.

Paul

My old sky box wouldn't accept viewing card from new sky +box so I put the old viewing card into old sky box in van and when I got the message on screen that this card was no longer usefull i took it out and straight awy put in the new viewing card from new sky + box and ....BINGO!.it worked, and works still as I swap it from new sky+ box in house to old box in van..Hope this makes sense. Robbie

You could try this

We have often had success when our house card does not work in the caravan box by inserting the new card into the caravan box and then pulling the card partly in and out rapidly about ten or twelve times.

Archived