Have you been here ?

flicka

spospe - 2011-07-29 9:49 AMFrom the point of view of security on the internet, I never open attachments, especially ones containing ZIP files.Try again (or are you actually trying to spread a virus?)

That's rather insulting, suggesting that a long-term member of this forum may deliberately be trying to spread a virus.

Where is the zip file in this attachment? It's a Microsoft Word document and the suffix 'docx' means that it can only be opened by someone with the later versions of Word, i.e. 2007 onwards.

If you have Word 2007 this document opens just fine and is a rather old joke showing a photograph of a trading post on a river. The name of the trading post is 's**t Creek' hence the title.

My virus scanner reported the attachment as a ZIP file and if as francisgraham suggests it opens as a Word document, then that could contain a macro file and hence the possibility of a virus.

My suggestion is that there should not be any attachments to posts to this (or any other) forum and that all data should be visible as soon as the post is viewed without having to 'open' anything.

Guest pelmetman
francisgraham - 2011-07-29 11:20 AM
pelmetman - 2011-07-29 11:03 AMI couldn't open it:-(.................but then I am fick:D

Perhaps if you'd stayed a school a bit longer......................?

(lol)(lol).............. wouldn't of done me any good8-) personal computers/lap tops hadn't been invented:D   

pelmetman - 2011-07-29 12:17 PM
pelmetman - 2011-07-29 11:03 AMI couldn't open it:-(.................but then I am fick:D

(lol)(lol).............. wouldn't of done me any good8-) personnel computers/lap tops hadn't been invented:D   

Ah, but just think, you may have learned the difference between personal and personnel!

Sorry for anyone who had problems or doubts regarding opening my attachment.

I tried to post the picture but it came up as a server error, so I just copied it to a word document & added that. No intent to cause anyone difficulties or spread any virus.

flicka - 2011-07-30 11:19 PM

Sorry for anyone who had problems or doubts regarding opening my attachment.

I tried to post the picture but it came up as a server error, so I just copied it to a word document & added that. No intent to cause anyone difficulties or spread any virus.

Maybe it was because the file was too big.

That's rather insulting, suggesting that a long-term member of this forum may've deliberately...left school prematurely. :D :D

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2011-07-31 4:53 PM

That's rather insulting, suggesting that a long-term member of this forum may've deliberately...left school prematurely. :D :D

I tried to leave prematurely:D.......................but the truant officer kept finding me(lol)

Archived