reviewing motorhome sellers

ian wallace

Hi I am completely new to this wonderful lifestyle and cant for the life of me understand why I had not tried it before it's so stress busting, apart from the compnays who supply, sell or service the Ci Rivera 141 01 plate I have just bought. Does anyone know of a site were you can review these companys to enable good firms to be supported and bad ones to be steered clear of. After spending for me a small fortune £18,000, but not I'm aware being a large amount in the world of Motorhoming. I am amazed that some companys and there employees seem to have complete disregard for their customers in the aftersales and service depts, or maybe I have just been unlucky, but no with the few conversations I have had with other owners, it seems to be widespread. Maybe the site should set up a review part of the forum or site to help promote good companys practice, if one does not exist elsewere, just a thought what do you think.

A happy Motorhomer who loves the greetings and support of other motorhomers.

Ian

Hi Ian - welcome to the mad house! :-D

You've suggested what has been mentioned every now and then over the years, however, when someone puts a comment on about a company, even a positive one, someone else would probably want to give their view too which may be negative and that's where the problem starts.

If all we do is sing the praises it is usually 'safe' and stays on the forum but if people start to post negatively about them (as a review should permit them to do within reason) the thread then tends to get pulled eventually, therefore you don't end up with a review at all.

I'm all for being able to post our experiences of dealers and after-sales but if we do so, it has to be warts and all, not just biased positively, and for that reason I don't think it will ever happen.

If you are looking for help to find a dealer to do work etc for you though, that's another matter and people will be only too willing to give you info on where to go - politely of course! :D

colin - 2011-07-29 7:21 PM

I'm afraid you've come to the wrong forum for that, you need to go to the 'darkside'.

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/forums.html

Are you saying that the Motorhomefacts (MHF) forum has a section specifically for commenting on good/bad motorhome dealerships, or just that the MHF forum is more tolerant towards postings criticising dealerships?

colin - 2011-07-30 11:06 AM

It has a specific 'company reports' section, I have taken the discription on main directory at face value

Thanks for the clarification. I note that the section is "Subscriber Access Only" (so I can't access it), but the around-15000 posts indicates it's popular.

Archived