Generators, whats the point

ips

Well the mentality of the anti generator brigade is certainly showing.

"letting down tyres is far too lenient a response in my view: lynching would be much more appropriate."

"electric chair perhaps"

"two cupfuls of sugar in his generators petrol tank"

You really are a nasty lot of self centred little children.

The point of generators as far as I'm concerned is as happened to us in Portugal while free camping, a flat starter battery. Chap next door to us said ....."would you like to borrow my generator?" Yes please, and in an hour we were on our way for the price of a bottle of decent wine.

Its a bit like 4x4's, a pain in the neck until you need a tow, then all of a sudden everybody loves them.

So now I jusy quietly suffer generator envy, knowing that that hum of a geeny may just prove very helpful.

sshortcircuit - 2011-08-01 11:01 AM

"letting down tyres is far too lenient a response in my view: lynching would be much more appropriate."

"electric chair perhaps"

Well you may now begin to realise that people feel very strongly about the entirely selfish behaviour of a few who have no consideration at all for others.

You may just remember this thread the next time you think of inflicting noise and smell on other people who are enjoying the peace and quiet of the countryside.

As usual the blinkers are on and you need to read my first posting.

"Its everybody to their own choice and I have no problems with generators if they are used responsibly"

Small generators can be noisy but nothing as bad as the solar reliant user who has run out of power and then runs his vehicle motor to try and charge his battery with all the stink and noise that goes with it.

JamesFrance - 2011-08-01 10:58 AM

"electric chair perhaps"

Well you may now begin to realise that people feel very strongly about the entirely selfish behaviour of a few who have no consideration at all for others.

You may just remember this thread the next time you think of inflicting noise and smell on other people who are enjoying the peace and quiet of the countryside.

Jesus, I'm just glad it wasn't me that suggested doing any of that, I can imagine the responses I'd get from the rest of the forum..

JamesFrance - 2011-08-01 10:58 AM

...Well you may now begin to realise that people feel very strongly about the entirely selfish behaviour of a few who have no consideration at all for others.

Blimey..where are we up to now..??..as this could be used as template post for any number of "niggles"..? :-S

..although I suppose at least when a genny starts up on site..it doesn't start the rest of the gennys off as well..unlike barking dogs! (lol)

pepe63 - 2011-08-01 12:46 PM

Blimey..where are we up to now..??..as this could be used as template post for any number of "niggles"..? :-S

..although I suppose at least when a genny starts up on site..it doesn't start the rest of the gennys off as well..unlike barking dogs! (lol)

Oh no, don't bring dogs into it for pity's sake, you'll be crucified.

You should know that nobody on here has a dog that barks, they are all better behaved than humans :D

sshortcircuit - 2011-08-01 10:01 AM

"electric chair perhaps"

Always best to read the whole thread before you post, check out post 5.

Attempt at ironic humour I'm afraid.

pepe63 - 2011-08-01 10:07 AM

pkc - 2011-08-01 9:47 AM

" lynching would be much more appropriate" or the electric chair perhaps?

..yeah, so as long as the chair was 12v and/or powered by solar panels then!? .. :D

Nooooooo ... the sweetest 'revenge' would be to power it from his OWN generator!!!! (lol)

Now who was having a go at dogs ... I'll set my Lily (Savage) onto him, she'll have a go at his ankles and Romy her 'big sister' can have a go at his nether regions as they are just at the right height - being a cross greyhound this is one of their favourite places to nip apparently!!!!!. >:-)

donna miller - 2011-08-01 12:51 PM

pepe63 - 2011-08-01 12:46 PM

Oh no, don't bring dogs into it for pity's sake, you'll be crucified.

You should know that nobody on here has a dog that barks, they are all better behaved than humans :D

Quite agree Donna, humans 'bark' a lot more than their dogs, especially when sitting up till 'silly-o'clock' in the morning swilling beer .... and when they try to be quiet they just get louder! *-)

Archived