Swiss road tolls

Don Madge

Guest JudgeMental
broc - 2011-08-27 4:03 PM

It's worth taking a full tank of diesel across the border with you too, diesel is very expensive (1.70+ SFF) per litre.....

I have always found swiss fuel cheaper then French...and I still think it is?

!,70 swiss is approx £1.30 pounds ( £ 1 = 77 cents)

broc - 2011-08-27 5:03 PM

We have just returned from Switzerland today, a couple of weeks ago we bought our vignette from a German motorway service station using Euros just prior to crossing the border near Basle, It cost 36.5 Euros for our van (less than 3500kg)

My online price including postage of 36.40€ wasn't bad then.

We drove through Switzerland yesterday, Saturday, was not sure how the toll was going to work and was apprehensive, but was very simple. We drove up to the border, they directed us to an official who explained in English what to do. We paid 40Euro and was given 2 Swiss Franc change and given the Vignette to stick in the window either on left or right. Simples!! (lol)

Derek * Pauline

Caddies104 - 2011-08-28 4:54 PM

We drove through Switzerland yesterday, Saturday, was not sure how the toll was going to work and was apprehensive, but was very simple. We drove up to the border, they directed us to an official who explained in English what to do. We paid 40Euro and was given 2 Swiss Franc change and given the Vignette to stick in the window either on left or right. Simples!! (lol)

Derek * Pauline

I've already got mine stuck on the windscreen and I haven't left home yet!! 2 Swiss Francs is 1.70€. So I paid less than buying it there including p&p. Even more simples!!

JudgeMental - 2011-08-27 4:25 PM

broc - 2011-08-27 4:03 PM

It's worth taking a full tank of diesel across the border with you too, diesel is very expensive (1.70+ SFF) per litre.....

I have always found swiss fuel cheaper then French...and I still think it is?

!,70 swiss is approx £1.30 pounds ( £ 1 = 77 cents)

I think we were very unlucky with the exchange rate; in early August 2011 1.70 SFF was approaching £1.50 when the rate bottomed. Looking at the exchange rate over the past 6 months we seem to have bought SFF at exactly the wrong time.......

according to latest copy of mmm the price of swiss diesel is 137.19 pence per litre and the price of french diesel 128 pence per litre. when i was over there last year there was a similar price gap and the sites were so dear we soon went back over the border into france.

Archived