TomTom map update

pkc

I have version 870.3406 on my Tom Tom 730 (this covers all Western Europe) and is 2436 Mb in size.

Because the 730 only has 2 Mb of interenal memory, I have fitted a 4 Mb card and moved everthing onto it (not just the maps).

spospe - 2011-08-01 11:02 AM

I have version 870.3406 on my Tom Tom 730 (this covers all Western Europe) and is 2436 Mb in size.

Because the 730 only has 2 Mb of interenal memory, I have fitted a 4 Mb card and moved everthing onto it (not just the maps).

Mb or Gb? 2436 Mb = 2.436 Gb

Jono - 2011-08-01 11:41 AM

Sorry to hijack the thread but what else can you put on the sd car that is of any use?

cheers

Jono

Download a whole series of POI's covering a vast range of countries and subjects ie Saxon Churches, etc?

If your SatNav is fitted with decent speakers or bluetooth, MP3 music files.

No doubt there are other things but that's what I do.

scramblers - 2011-08-01 11:27 AM

spospe - 2011-08-01 11:02 AM

Mb or Gb? 2436 Mb = 2.436 Gb

Scramblers

You are quite right, I should have typed Gb, not Mb.

I use the original 2 Gb of internal memory for holding MP3 music files (you can get a lot of music onto 2 Gb) :-)

• 3 weeks later...

A word of warning / advice.

I recently updated my TT XL Live using TomTom home and found that I had lost the ability to use the Town Centre and Address . Press the screen, TT goes hohum for about 15 seconds and reboots itself.

I spent a few hours taking of POIs, Oggs and other stuff in case I had currupted something

In the end I deleted everything from the TT and loaded an old back up which worked fine.

Updated (again) and the fault reappeared !

Had a quick look on the TT forums, before trying TT Customer Services.

The fault seems a common one (why !!), but the fix is to connect your TT to the PC,. Using TT Home, use the TT unit to plan a route using adresses. For some reason, it corrects the fault in the unit and the use of the Town Centre and Address buttons return.

Not too sure how long I had the problem as I usually use my own favorites or POIs, It may pay to check yout TT if you have updated it recently.

Wondering why TT continue to supply dodgy updates ??

Rgds

They're dodgy in more ways than one - the development in Oxfordshire where my mum has lived for 3 years was still not shown on the update I bought in April.

More important (to me) was the fact that it was way out of date in some areas I wasn't already familiar with, in France and Spain. A complaint to their customer services produced no useful response at all, so next time I decide to update my map I'll probably buy a different make of machine altogether (and make sure it doesn't use the same mapping!).

Latest map for Go 700 series is V875.3613. believe V865.3295 is a previous version. Don't forget not all latest maps are the same, as I understand it it depends on the model that it is to be installed on different models have different latest maps.

Have to say I have updated my maps regularly every quarter for the past four to five years (so 20 odd updates) and had no problems whatsoever.

Bas

Archived