Brownhills South West

Rayjsj

Have just seen on Brownhills website that their Swindon Branch ist 'Kaput',Gone Closed.

Which means that any warranty work will now mean a 250 mile trip (to Newark) instead of a 100 mile one to Swindon. Just as well that the warranty runs out in October. as I obviously will definately NOT now renew it.

Shame, as i received very good service from all at Swindon.

WHY do the Large Dealerships (Brownhills, Discover Leisure) ALWAYS close the Branches in the South ?? the North of the Country is still well served with dealerships but the South/ West and Wales is starting to get very 'Sparse' dealer-wise. (I live in West Wales.....even Sparser (!!).

Don't they like 'Southerners' ?? *-) Ray

They didn't even have the courtesey to tell me, lucky i did'nt try to stay overnight as a Brownhills club member.

We have the same problem Rayjsj, we live in Bedfordshire and there is nothing around us either. We can either go to Cranham or Brownhills Newark - we opted for the latter, but this part of the country is not well served either and I am amazed at how many people have caravans/motorhomes around here.

I am sure this is an opportunity for someone :-D

West Country Motorhomes are next to the Brownhills in Swindon although their service depot is nearer to you in Somerset. I believe they are also Autocruise dealers, although their website seems to be out of order .... ..... Webbs are also nearer to you in Warminster. and then there is Chelston in Wellington .... you seem to be well served 'out west' even if not quite as 'west' as you are ;-)

Harvey

You should try living in Scotland !

Our minimum round trip to get our Hymer repaired is 500 miles (to Newcastle) or 700 if you take it to Preston. Since potentially Brownhills might not then have the neccessary parts in stock you could be looking at a total trip of up to 1400 miles. We worked out that for that milage we could just about go to the factory in Bad Waldsee (Southern Germany) something which we have actually done.

That said our experience of the service we have had both at Preson and Newcastle has on the whole been pretty positive so we are not "Brownhills Bashers"

Harvey - 2011-08-02 9:03 AM

West Country Motorhomes are next to the Brownhills in Swindon although their service depot is nearer to you in Somerset. I believe they are also Autocruise dealers, although their website seems to be out of order .... ..... Webbs are also nearer to you in Warminster. and then there is Chelston in Wellington .... you seem to be well served 'out west' even if not quite as 'west' as you are ;-)

Harvey

West Country Motorhomes see http://www.westcountrymotorhomes.co.uk/ Works for me

Archived