Ferry Crossing Prices

degsy

We will be travelling on P&O ferries from Hull to Zeebrugge in a couple of weeks or so. Normally we book through the P&O website and pay whatever the going rate is as the various 'cheap ferry' websites usually turn out to be more expensive. Someone recommended to us to try O'Girke a dutch travel agent/website which turns out to be as much as £70 cheaper on some of the crossings. Has anyone used them and are they a 'valid/trustworthy' agency?

Never heard of this company, but would suggest you might find some info either by looking on Google or Trip Advisor. If it is a third party'agent and you pay using a card, be very careful.. if it's overseas and a less than reputable company this can sometimes lead to subsequent fraudulent use. I would be very surprsied if any 3rd party agency could give that sort of discount.

Why not try using the CC/C&CC ferry booking service, or something similar.

I also have some concern (not on your route admittedly) about booking with Seafrance..they seem to have sever problems at present, so if they do go under, how much protection is there is you've already paid for the ferry, esepcially if you book direct rather than via CC etc......I see if you book direct they are advertsiing 10% discount via MMM - thats more than CC will get for you?

degsy - 2011-08-05 9:24 PM

We will be travelling on P&O ferries from Hull to Zeebrugge in a couple of weeks or so. Normally we book through the P&O website and pay whatever the going rate is as the various 'cheap ferry' websites usually turn out to be more expensive. Someone recommended to us to try O'Girke a dutch travel agent/website which turns out to be as much as £70 cheaper on some of the crossings. Has anyone used them and are they a 'valid/trustworthy' agency?

If you are a member, try the Caravan Club-saved me a fortune on 6 crossings so far this year (and also threw in 7 camping cheques foc) as against the 'best offer' prices on ferry companies own websites

Mike

Archived