Replacing fridge magnetic sealing strip

mikemelson

Hi,

I notice that the magnetic sealing strip around the door of the small Dometic fridge in my 2004 A/S Symbol is beginning to split in a few places.

Has anyone out there any experience of replacing this item?, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Mike.

Many thanks, Ray & Dave,

I went to the two sites but unfortunately in the UK one has to buy the complete fridge door which comes in at a whopping £148.55.

On the American Dometic website there are instructions for replacing the Gasket as they call it.

This is a prime example of the difference between the mind-sets of us gullible brits who stand the three card trick & the discerning yanks, who, no way would buy a complete door because a bit of split plastic.

The model numbers on the US site seem different from ours but I'm sure the sizes are the same, I am in contact & hope to have one of these gaskets sent over.

Kind regards, Mike.

Mike,

Let us know how you got on ? as it might be us having to do the same job soon ? who knows.

I would think it far easier to order from the States, as as least we speak the same language (almost).

The main cost will be shipping ? Regards Ray

Archived