MMM Campsite reviews

tonyishuk

Dont know if this has been raised before but I will try ! (Moderaters and Members alike !)

Just wondering if there was any use in combining the MMM members Camp Site reviews (for a tenner ?) with the Campsite Finder tabs ?

I do this at present by scanning to PDF and Push-pinning the file Autoroute *-)

With todays technology there must an easier way !

Rgds

Guest Tracker

Without wishing to be negative - well alright then I will - member or reader site 'reviews' are carried out by people who love a particular site - most of which are club sites and are well documented enough anyway!

Add in the financial incentive plus the ego trip of getting your name in print plus a negative review is unlikley to be published and what you have in my humble view is a pointless exercise in viewing through excessively rose coloured spectacles!

But I guess it is a cost effective (cheap) way to fill a page of MMM and I suppose someone must read them all?

Must be my rose tinted specs 8-)

I must admit I was thinking more of the reviews of continental camp sites.

Mind you The Caravan Club book is just as useful as the reports are based on the members report forms.

"Possible itinerants and loose dogs" is a real turn off !

rgds

• 1 month later...

I must admit to looking at the MMM site 'reviews in some depth depending on where they are, but what is helpful is that they now generally show nearest public transport.

The CC Continetal Guide is pretty useful, but I do think you that you have to look at the review/entry date, as they can be several years old (esepcially if you are not using the latest edition of the gudie!),and campsites change ( for better or worse) over the years.For our purposes, I tend to look at the 'distance from......information and sometimes they are miles (kilometres) from the town they are listed under. They are also obviously very subjective, and what is one man's meat os another poison, as with everything in life!!

Archived