Wifi abroad

Arthur Brown

Your best bet is to park at MacDonalds or ask at local Office De Tourism although I have the poi's on my tomtom for bt phon and openworld you would have to park outside the property to connect good in theory but not in practice , we just pull into McDees park opposite the building switch on laptop and log in and away you go no need to enter the building.

Went across France and stayed in Spain this year and never found a single location but to be fair I only tried it on overnight stops at Aires in small French towns. I suspect the situation is different in city centres but me and the van don't ( intentionally ) go into City centres.

Certainly nothing near KIKO Park, Oliva either.

Hi,

We found only one active FON hotspot on our tour of France Spain and Portugal this year. That was at the aire at Loches and using a long range antenna.

There are loads of places especially in Portugal. I have downloaded POI's to Autoroute but once you zoom in they are mostly near larger towns. We didn't go out of our way to find them but found many campsites had free wifi anyway.

FON claim that in France SFR/Neuf hotspots are in the scheme but when we found those we couldn't log in.

So not as good as they claim IMHO.

Also you must leave your Fonero router on at home while you're away otherwise they suspend your membership after 30 days 

Steve

Archived