What a weekend that was!!

maggyd

We went to a site near St Andrews last weekend for the Air Show at Leuchars O.H. and Son went with our grand-daughter I am glad to have stayed in the Van with D.I.L. reading they all got soaked but seemed to enjoy it anyway.

We left on Sunday and decided to stop off at Beadnell for a couple of days as it is probably our last trip this year :'( well you all know about the tail end of the hurrican!! the pitch we were on meant that the wind was hitting us side on ! funny at first especially when trying to enter and exit the van!! O.H. decided in his wisdon to try and move the van so we were facing in to the wind :-| big mistake!! the pitches were new and the area around it was very soft ground !! the back wheels left the hardstanding!! I TOLD HIM >:-( He said he new what he was doing >:-) well to cut a long story short the back wheels sunk and the more he tried to move it the further it sunk!! the site manager phoned the farmer next door who said he would pull us out for £20 ! he came with his new tractor positioned it in fron of our van! got out to put on the chains HIS DOOR WAS LASHED BY THE WIND and we were showered with broken glass!! :-S Oh hell what next?? anyway he managed to pull us off no problem and wouldnt except anything more than what had been agreed on. Have you ever wished you had stayed at home??

When he went we were put on another site facing into the wind What a difference!! but we felt very guilty about all the glass lying on the pitch and grass so spend half an hour picking it up with our gloves on :-)

Archived