Help sought.

RO8ERT

Greetings all.

I am investigating using air con in the living area of an Adria Matrix next year and would prefer portable.

Research so far has led me to Cool My Camper - www.coolmycamper.com

I can find no decent review of this - if anyone has any experience of this unit or alternatives (less than £1,000) please post here and let me know.

Regards

R..

My personal view:-

Have a look at the tech specs........Unless you've got only the tiniest of vehicles, I think this "toy" air-con unit really is nowhere near powerful enough to actually do any good.

We've had a Dometic B1650 roof mounted aircon unit fitted on our 6.2 metre MH, and it'll just about cope with Spanish summer temperatures.

Am well pleased with it, but really would NOT want to buy something with only about a third of the performance.

While I fully accept and agree with BGD's comments to get a full size AC means at least a weight of 25 kg. Plus it requires internal plumbing. Yes, I would live one but it would be a major rebuild to install so if there is anyting, even a 'toy' model that would reduce the heat ina Spainsih summer even a bit, then i am interested. We currently use a large fan which of course merely circulates the hot air. It makes life more comfortable but if I could drop the temp even a few degrees then it could be advantageous.

Dave225 - 2011-09-30 8:23 PM

While I fully accept and agree with BGD's comments to get a full size AC means at least a weight of 25 kg. Plus it requires internal plumbing. Yes, I would live one but it would be a major rebuild to install so if there is anyting, even a 'toy' model that would reduce the heat ina Spainsih summer even a bit, then i am interested. We currently use a large fan which of course merely circulates the hot air. It makes life more comfortable but if I could drop the temp even a few degrees then it could be advantageous.

OK - if that's all you're really after.........then why not just buy one of those mobile household ones - the ones on wheels, and with a long flexible waste-hot-air tube that you shove out of a window. We've got one for use in our guest bedroom, and they do work well. All you have to do is find the space for the thing in your MH of course!

Thank you for your advice - I am going to go down the route of a roof mounted unit as I have failed (other than the Cool my Camper site) to find any recommendations for it. I suspect, as is normally the case, one gets what one pays for.

Maybe I will be able to find a deal in the winter....

Regards

Robert..

Archived