Plastic Bags in Wales

terryW

We are going to a car boot sale in Wales in the morning and taking a load of plastic bags saved up over the year to give to those that buy from us and need a bag.

Does the new law mean I have to charge 5p for each used bag and if I don't can I be fined £5,000???

Sounds as if the safe thing is to put them all in the bin at home!

If you are selling things in Wales, it would seem prudent to be sure of the legislation.

Not being Welsh or selling in Wales, I don't care.

It is a good idea though. I must also admit to forgetting to put the damn reusable bags back in the car quite often.

Anyone who has taken a narrowboat up the Coventry canal will join me in wishing plastic bags were banned?

An otherwise clean waterway where you can actually see the fish swim alongside the boat until once again you have to stop and saw the bags off the prop. Best run was 20 mins before having to stop.

If you think plastic bag are a menace you want to see what they propose for this area. 800 wind turbines at 300+ feet supplied by 8,000 Kilometers of overhead cables on pylons, once again over 300 feet high and that's in an area where the RAF have been flying down to 100 feet this month. You can't even walk on our local hill as the turbines have been fenced off and signs warning of the dangers of flying ice and lightening strikes erected at the padlocked gate. The bogs at the top are now full of concrete so that the streams are dry until it rains then they flood the river Severn and the towns down river. I feal sorry for those that live near rivers they have no idea what is going on up river and what is in-store for them in future winters >:-(

I've reused carriers for ages and it helps with the Tesco & Sainsbury points but the new carriers are extremely flimsy and incapable of being reused.

What I do object to is paying for a bag which advertises the store you've bought from, I don't see why they should get free(?) advertising.

The other question that it raises for me is whether or not the shop would allow you to use bags from elsewhere. I can just see Boots being happy with customers walking out with their purchases in Superdrug bags or an electrical retailer being happy with customers refusing bags and bringing a length string to make a handle for the box containing a computer etc.

It is being said that this scheme will be coming to a country near you soon.

A Fine??? I think not. For such a serious crime you will be incarcerated in a cell for at least 24 hours, be fingerprinbted, DNA'd and no doubt put on the Sex Offenders Register. After all you are an English or Welsh tax payer so must be a hardened criminal.

If I was you I would re pack the car and head for the Costas fast.

Guest pelmetman
I never go anywhere without my old bag...................although she does moan if I give her too much to carry*-).......................:D

Guest pelmetman

I can't believe you are all so daft, make your own bags or buy a proper shopping bag to take to the shops, plastic bags take years to rot down, it is pure laziness not to take your own bags when going shopping!!

Sue

Archived