Aires in Valencia open in winter

Linda Quinn

Hi Linda,

Assume you are looking for aires around Valencia that are open in winter. If you were wanting details of French aires then no problem but our expertise does not stretch to aires in Spain (have only taken van to Spain in summer months and as this was a few years ago, used sites as there were few aires in Spain then). What we would suggest is you go to the French web site www.camping-car infos.com which, although French based and in French lists many aires in Spain. (if unsure how site works send us a private message). Hope this helps and some of the rather "sharp" responses you have had do not put you off posting again.

Hi Linda

Looking at the phrasing of your posts, it looks rather like the kind of thing I'd type into "Google" or similar -just keywords, then see what pops up automatically.

You mention being new to this, so maybe you didn't quite grasp that on here you're talking to actual flesh'n'blood people, not a search engine.

So let's go out and come in again shall we?

As far as I know, most "aires" are open all year round as places to stay overnight for free, but they may not have all facilities (eg water may be turned off out of season).

Have you got one of the various books of European stopovers? That's the best place to begin, and Vicarious Books sell them for most countries.

Other people may have more specific advice to offer.

(OOPS! DOUBLE POST - AND I'M SUPPOSED TO BE AN "EXPERT!"

Hi Linda

Looking at the phrasing of your posts, it looks rather like the kind of thing I'd type into "Google" or similar -just keywords, then see what pops up automatically.

You mention being new to this, so maybe you didn't quite grasp that on here you're talking to actual flesh'n'blood people, not a search engine.

So let's go out and come in again shall we?

As far as I know, most "aires" are open all year round as places to stay overnight for free, but they may not have all facilities (eg water may be turned off out of season).

Have you got one of the various books of European stopovers? That's the best place to begin, and Vicarious Books sell them for most countries.

Other people may have more specific advice to offer.

Thanks a million for your help. I have been on the the vicarious book web site and have ordered The books on aires in France Spain and Portugal. Once again thanks for your help and I look forward to meeting nice understanding and helpful people like ourselves. (lol)

Hi Robert and Jean

Thanks a million for your quick response. I have been on to the Camping-Car web site and have also ordered Aires books for France Spain and Portugal. Really looking forward to traveling and meeting nice helpful people with like minded interests. Kind Regards (lol)

You wouldn't want to meet any of this mottley crew on here Linda. Most of them are gruesome and I'll admit I'm no exception. :D (lol)

Linda Quinn - 2011-10-11 1:26 PM

Aires in Valencia and southern Spain/Portugal that are open in the winter months.

Hi Linda and welcome to the Forum, I have the Vic. book for Aires Spain and Portugal and it is pretty good,are you aware that you can also Wild Camp in these Countries, Wildcamping if you didn't know means parking on Beaches and Harbours free of charge and spending time, in most cases several days or even weeks, usually nearby you can get water and empty your toilet cassette, lots of other vans for company too.Police often drive by and wave to you and as long as there are not too many vans and are causing no problems or leaving mess it is tolerated, I know it is not for everyone but it is a great way to see a Country, lots of places to Wild Camp on the Algarve and Portugal in general places like the Barragems { Dams } etc.

Archived