Motorhome Insurance

mikemelson

Hi,

Just got my renewal notice from Caravan Guard & they want an extra 50 quid this year, I think that's taking the p+ss!

So I've been getting a few quotes & can't believe the amounts some companies are asking, Safeguard, Comfort & Saga quoted over £550.

The best quote is from Shield Total Insurance (armadillo) which is £50 less than Caravan Guard are asking. I got the name from an ad in MMM magazine.

Has anyone out there had any dealings with Shield?, I would be grateful for any feedback on this company, I realise that the cheapest is not necessarily the best..

Mike

I was with the Caravan Club and my insurance had gone up about £50 too. I shopped around and I got some really odd quotes as well like you. I think the most expensive was around £360 for my van, about £120 more than the cheepest quote !

I don't know what Shield is like but their quote for was very reasonable compared with some of the others. I went with Sureterm Direct - not had my van with them before so I hope they turn out to be ok....

Mine is due soon. Will start phoning round but £50 rise sounds like that is what the industry is doing as we have been warned by the media that insurance was going to go up. will wait and see what caravanguard quote for my renewal.

chris

Archived