cab covers

ips

My bonnet sticks out of the carport a bit. Was thinking of extending the roof but cab would still get wet as unless I fitted a door the weather will blow in so.......anyone got one, or had one; or has any thoughts on cab covers.

Protec do one which covers all the front end down to floor level which theoreticaaly should do the trick however I have no experience of em so want to know if they are as breathable as they say and if any damage to paintwork can occurr etc etc .

We have a Taylor Made bonnet cover that we use in inclement weather. (Although the M/home is not undercover, it is parked mainly in the lee of the weather)

Taylor Maid also manufacture / sell a fully insulated cover as well. Their products are usually well made and last years.

http://www.taylormade-covers.co.uk Try searching on their site for "bonnet",

Rgds

I have a feeling that they also made a full insulated cab / bonnet cover which was useful in that it insulated the metal cab doors.

They have changed their website layout and some items are not easily located.

Try giving them a telephone call and if possible ask for Anne, ( owner / & girl friday) She knows all !

(Just ordered a double bike cover, so they are home at the moment !)

Rgds

PS Type "insulated skirt " in their site search window, and a couple are displayed.

Whilst the cab covers in question are useful for keeping on overnight, or for a few days when out motor-homing, I cannot believe that they can do anything but harm if left on for weeks on end, assuming of course that this is what you're considering as you store your 'van for several weeks.

There must be a chance of condensation forming under them and encouraging rust. I If it were me I'd simply accept the fact that the nose of my cab is sticking out and keep it clean of bird droppings etc.

Think about how many cars are never garaged and left on someone's drive overnight without coming to any long term harm. Perhaps the worst thing that people can do is drive a wet car into a nice warm garage, now that will really accelerate any rust that may be forming!

tonyishuk - 2011-10-22 5:09 PM

I have a feeling that they also made a full insulated cab / bonnet cover which was useful in that it insulated the metal cab doors.

They have changed their website layout and some items are not easily located.

Try giving them a telephone call and if possible ask for Anne, ( owner / & girl friday) She knows all !

(Just ordered a double bike cover, so they are home at the moment !)

Rgds

PS Type "insulated skirt " in their site search window, and a couple are displayed.

Thanks, found it.

Archived