Service Indicator Light

colin weston

I have just reached 24000 miles on my 2007 Autocruise Starburst (2.2l Peugeot base vehicle). Recently the service indicator light, denoted by a spanner, illuminated. I have had 'Time based' rather than 'Mileage based' services carried out hence the warning is superfluous. Is it possible to reset or cancel this indicator oneself or does it need a diagnostic tool. If the latter applies, are non-franchised dealers able to do this or do I need to go to a Peugeot Dealer. Maybe I have to resort to a piece of tape over the light?

Hi Colin, take a look if you haven't already in your Peugeot manual.

In our 2003 model, different to yours of course, it was a case of holding down the mileage button, (I think) whilst having the ignition on, and that extinguished it.

It's entirely possible your version is the same?

Martyn

Hello,

The X250 dash is completely different and the only way to remove the spanner symbol is to have a suitable diagnostic tool connected. The dealer devices obviously do but so does my Technotest unit.

Alternatively.... do nothing and it will turn itself off in a 1000 miles or so.

Nick

Hello. My 2008 A-S Nuevo service light came on in France, it was serviced at two years old, but the light still came on at 2407ml's, back home my local dealer tried to remove it but no avail the laptop was having none of it! They were in the process of moving, & advised me to wait until they had & re book it in, but after about 500ml's it went off by it's own accord. There is no reset buton on the X250 chassis it is Can Bus configured. Just wait for the ml's to clock up & all should be well for you.

HTH.

I have the same problem with the Hymer. I do my own oil and filter change but can't quite figure out how to switch off the spanner indicator. If anyone knows the procedure of switching it off on this model, I’d like to know. It’s the 2.0, 2004 Fiat Ducato JDT.

I have an 2004 Fiat 2.0 Ltr Autotrail

The spanner light was on when I bought it in April 2010 and as it had not had a proper service for three years and had never had the timing belt changed I took it to the local Fiat main dealer for a full service and timing kit replaced at £600

They did not reset the spanner light.

She had done 7000 miles and the spanner light was still on when she had an MoT and an oil change at a local Garage. ( www.amrautos.co.uk ).When I picked it up the spanner light was no longer on.

So

The spanner light does not go out even after 7000 miles.

Main dealers can not be relied on to reset it.

Local garages can reset it.

The method of turning off the service light, and setting the service interval, for the previous model Ducato (which includes 2004 modesl) is described in the manual, (though it would appear that some versions of the manual are more detailed than others), and is relatively easy to achieve.

(You should note that the spanner will always show briefly when starting up - it needs switching off only if it remains on).

The extract at the bottom of the page details how to (re)configure the Service Interval. Doing this sets the interval to the next service, and also turns the spanner off.

CFG1 = 18,600 miles

CFG2 = 12,500 miles

CFG3 = 9,300 miles

.....and all default to a value of the miles or 365 days.

The button "E" which is mentioned is the trip/odometer reset button in the speedo nascelle. Once you have a CFGn display you can cycle through them with a quick press, and then hold down the button to set the interval and clear the spanner.

Hope this make sense.

Spanner.JPG.2dc8c4a34f13826dc04ccd596280788e.JPG

Robinhood - 2011-10-25 10:19 PM

The method of turning off the service light, and setting the service interval, for the previous model Ducato (which includes 2004 modesl) is described in the manual, (though it would appear that some versions of the manual are more detailed than others), and is relatively easy to achieve.

(You should note that the spanner will always show briefly when starting up - it needs switching off only if it remains on).

The extract at the bottom of the page details how to (re)configure the Service Interval. Doing this sets the interval to the next service, and also turns the spanner off.

CFG1 = 18,600 miles

CFG2 = 12,500 miles

CFG3 = 9,300 miles

.....and all default to a value of the miles or 365 days.

The button "E" which is mentioned is the trip/odometer reset button in the speedo nascelle. Once you have a CFGn display you can cycle through them with a quick press, and then hold down the button to set the interval and clear the spanner.

Hope this make sense.

Thanks for that, it's appreciated :-D

Archived