Overseas storage

MattyR

We are looking to drive down to Southern Spain and Greece and want to find safe sites to store our motorhome while we return to the UK for 3 months by plane. Any suggestions as to locations and advice to consider - including dealing with insurance while the van is not under our control?

Hi Matty, welcome.

Storage in Spain is plentiful but you need to indicate the area you would like to store in then I am sure you will get plenty of suggestions. Also you may have even more luck if you post on the caravan forum as this if very common among the caravaning community. I know one couple that have stored their caravan(s) in Spain for 25 years. Enjoy your trip.

Guest JudgeMental

You will be uninsured...Probably your house as well unless you have sorted that out as well. not sure that I have ever seen a work around on this issue. A caravan a completly different matter...

Thanks for the replies.

We are looking for places around Estepona in the south of Spain and not sure about Greece.

Regarding insurance, we will not be away from home for more than 30 days at a time. We are hoping to be able to leave our motorhome for approx 3 months at a time (between school holidays).

We are aware of people that leave their cars in long term storage yards near Malaga airport and pick them up when they return from their trips to the UK - often when they have been away for a couple of months. I am not sure if there is a difference between cars and motorhomes re insurance or whether we would need to register the vehicle in Spain and get Spanish insurance for a year.

Archived