Re-Upholstery

bigal

We have blue upholstery with a gold coloured motif/design and blue carpeting. We are considering having this changed for something lighter in colour and would welcome any suggestions with regard to Upholsterers and colours. The floor is actually laminated wood type and because my wife has never liked the carpet colour they have not been used, we use slip mats instead on the original floor. Any suggestions would be welcome. :-S B-)

Guest pelmetman
I have just started using a fabric company called www.modellifabrics.com all their fabrics are of upholstery weight, and are FR, and I think they have a good range of fabrics and a next day sample service;-):D

bigal - 2011-11-03 2:12 PM

The floor is actually laminated wood type and because my wife has never liked the carpet colour they have not been used, we use slip mats instead on the original floor. Any suggestions would be welcome. :-S B-)

I would be inclined to look around at some new vans to see what colour combinations you both like to give you an idea of which way to go. Choosing a colour is very much a personal thing.

I personally like cream and gold and this theme runs through out my home and it would also be in my motorhome if I could afford to change it all. The m/h does have gold carpets, cream and light blue upholstery so I have covered the blue with patchwork quilts that I have made in the colours that I like.

I hope this helps with your conundrum.

Same as Clive went to Regal furnishing after recomendation from Brother in law.They are very helpful and came up with some very good ideas.We came up from East Sussex arrived miday sorted out what we wanted stayed in yard over night on hook up given key to yard ,Mike then takes you into Ickestone for day from which you can get a bus to Trading Estate big Ikea and lots of over retailers.Collected from town at 2.30 van was completed by 3.30 brilliant job.We then went to Bespoke carpets about 80miles away for new carpets again very pleased with Darrens work.Contact me you want more info 07709949191

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions, they are much appreciated. We shall cosider and make a decision, what to do and when. Ws shall be having the cab seats done as well because the headrests are not upholstered at the moment. Regards to you all, :-D B-)

I wish we had replaced the apholstery when we first bought the van :-S we have spent a lot on it putting other things in and not sure now how long we will be keeping it before downsizing ! canyone give us an idea of price for changing it for a u shaped lounge and two front seats?

Do you mean replacing van totally or upholstery in u lounge of smaller van .

We have a Sunseeker 200 U shape lounge over cab,for £2064inc vat we had .New foam in rear shape lounge extra foam cushions x2 for corners of lounge ,re upholster of rear ,all other scatter cusions re covered .Front seats re covered including arm rests .Seat back pockets plus two other pockets .All trims around cab ,new cover on over cab bed ,didnot need foam.New curtains through van including linings ,it looked great .This was done by Regal Furnishing.

New carpets through out including cab ,templates taken deliveried when made £311.00 Bespoke rugs.

Both companies really good service,actually listeren to what WE as customer wanted

I watched the very interesting vidio on utube and they seem to do the whole lot as you had foam/seats/curtains/arm rests, they made a brilliant job of it :-) but I dont fancy shelling out a couple of thousand pounds if were not going to get our money,s worth out of it !! if only we could see in to the future :-S not sure how long my old man can keep driving this van !! wouldnt be so bad if I had ever driven it !! (dont ask why)!! but I would manage a smaller one Im sure. Sorry I digress (lol)

2 grand seems a bit steep! I reckon I can do it myself for a fraction of the cost - an ideal over winter project - has to be cheaper, even if i have to buy a second hand industrial machine from ebay - can always sell it again afterwards. There's plenty of places local to me to buy upholstery fabrics from and I can use the old covers as templates

If your or your wife are handy with a sewing machine then you could make removable covers - at least then if they get marked etc you can take them off and give them a wash - I've always made fitted covers for our motorhomes as we have dogs so I like to keep the original uphostery nice and pristine and not worry about muddy dog paws on the cushions!

Mel B - 2011-11-05 6:56 PM

If your or your wife are handy with a sewing machine then you could make removable covers - at least then if they get marked etc you can take them off and give them a wash - I've always made fitted covers for our motorhomes as we have dogs so I like to keep the original uphostery nice and pristine and not worry about muddy dog paws on the cushions![/quote

We also have a dog MelB and that sounds like a good idea, wish I lived near you :-D :-D B-)

bigal - 2011-11-05 7:28 PM

Mel B - 2011-11-05 6:56 PM

If your or your wife are handy with a sewing machine then you could make removable covers - at least then if they get marked etc you can take them off and give them a wash - I've always made fitted covers for our motorhomes as we have dogs so I like to keep the original uphostery nice and pristine and not worry about muddy dog paws on the cushions![/quote

We also have a dog MelB and that sounds like a good idea, wish I lived near you :-D :-D B-)

Ah, but you do! Where abouts are you, I'm in Cottingham.

Hi Bigal,

when buying our new van we took the optional extra of Impala fabric .This fabric is fantastic regarding stain resistance and anything else it is likely to come across. On demonstration at the NEC [after ordering but waiting delivery] a guy tried everything to trash a piece of this stuff. He used coffee/ ink/ red wine and even scrubbed hard with the edge of a 50p coin. One wipe with a 'baby wipe' and it was clean and good as new.

If you are going to the expense of changing I suggest you at least have a look.

good luck

derek

Guest 1footinthegrave
Another vote for Regal furnishings, very high quality heavy duty fabric /leather. They were the company responsible for our half leather upholstery, as supplied by the converter. 8 years old now and as good as new, with not even that tell tale rubbing type wear you can sometimes see on the drivers seat, and our van has done 50,000miles so a fair bit of getting in and out ! !

Archived