European Road Atlas

johnnerontheroad

I have used the Collins Europe for many many years. The 2011 version is spiral bound and includes a lot more information such has forest and indications of terrain. I personally found the less cluttered version easier to read. This was always the best for me but I only using it for long distance planning not day-to-day navigation.

Caddies104 - 2011-11-08 6:09 PM

Peejay

Think that one is not spiral bound

Hi, if you look at the enlarged image in the link I think you will find that it is spiral bound.

Just in case of confusion the isbn for my spiral bound one is....

I'm on my third one and wouldn't be without it for general route planning.

Pete

I have a Philip's Easy Read and an AA Big Road Atlas. I prefer the Philip's for scale and detail but the AA one for the size of pages and the amount of terrain covered per double page spread. I tend to use them for overall planning but prefer better scale atlasses or maps for individual countries when touring.

As you have probably already found, you will get many suggestions. For what it is worth, my advice would be go into Waterstones and WH Smith and LOOK at what is available, thus being able to decide which atlas YOU prefer.

I tend to avoid the spiral ones as they firstly cut the seat pockets when you are trying to store them and secondly the pages sometimes come away from ther spiral. I also made a mistake of getting one with too small a miles per inch. It was a pain changing pages every 50 miles or so. Mind you I am still using my France 2005 issue but accept sometimes a new road is not marked. but i am acheapskate

Archived