This may be of interest

LordThornber

The guy who does Sat Dishes at shows -(Robert Jackson) lives just round the corner from me and he has one of these 3 wheelers which he carries on the back of his van. I don't know if he had the carrier specifically made but it looks a bit like a mobility scooter rack that he has. The van is huge (must be good profits in Sat Dishes!) so maybe weight isn't a problem.

However on saying that, I was out with the dog recently and he was discussing the carrier with his son-appears the bike fell off but I don't know the full story!

Maybe worth asking him at next show

Mike

PS if not there is a M/C trailer for sale in this months MMM £150!!!

Martyn -

I'm VERY pleased that you've said you are going to take your bike test.

The bike test has got NOTHING to do with how to ride the bike/operate the controls etc; but EVERYTHING to do with learning the roadcraft, advance observation, threat avoidance and defensive riding skills that will go a long way to KEEPING YOU ALIVE when riding it.

As all us bikers will attest, riding a motorbike requires a VERY different skillset to driving a car......the more advanced training you can get, the better

As to the actual bike/scooter to have, one other option to consider (especially if you want to carry it on a rack/in a garage rather than on a trailer) is the Honda Innova 125cc.

I am very very chuffed with ours.

Only about 110kgs wet weight, will cruise at 50/55mph two-up, very cheap to buy, uber-cheap to run, simple to self maintain, takes only 2 or 3 mins to offload/load from our scooter rack................very practical solution for us.

Guest Peter James
LordThornber - 2011-11-11 5:40 PM

There's a days riding tuition thrown in and a CBT to take if you should require (want) it.

Martyn

Not wanting to look foolish I Googled CBT and got something about Cock and Ball Torture 8-) :$

Peter James - 2011-11-18 4:57 PM

LordThornber - 2011-11-11 5:40 PM

There's a days riding tuition thrown in and a CBT to take if you should require (want) it.

Martyn

Not wanting to look foolish I Googled CBT and got something about Cock and Ball Torture 8-) :$

An educational entry on Wikipedia about that...

Archived