First Christmas Card.

vindiboy

We had our first Christmas card today, from Brownhills of all people, they also offered us a free Christmas lunch if I want to drive to Preston from Southampton to get it, I have never been a Customer of Brownhills , I bought the Hymer from Hymer UK when they were at Preston., So thanks Brownhills but no thanks.

Don't be too harsh, at least it was a Xmas card. I object to the packs of cards I get from Charities, unsolicited asking me to send the money to pay for them. I will give to Charity but not in that way. I also received yesterday a pack containing a lot of stick on labels with my name and address on them evidently I should attach to envelopes as a 'senders' address. A prepaid envelope was included for me to send my cheque. Again, these were unrequested. I assume they got my name and address from the Electoral Role but I do think my permission should have been sought first.

Sorry, but they went in the bin, so there was a waste of money.

Dave225 - 2011-11-21 8:35 PM

Don't be too harsh, at least it was a Xmas card. I object to the packs of cards I get from Charities, unsolicited asking me to send the money to pay for them. I will give to Charity but not in that way. I also received yesterday a pack containing a lot of stick on labels with my name and address on them evidently I should attach to envelopes as a 'senders' address. A prepaid envelope was included for me to send my cheque. Again, these were unrequested. I assume they got my name and address from the Electoral Role but I do think my permission should have been sought first.

Sorry, but they went in the bin, so there was a waste of money.

I wasn't being harsh, just stating the fact, We too had the free Charity stickers and cards and ours too went in the bin, There is another thread running on here somewhere about pushy Charities , I never put money in tins rattled under my nose and NEVER qualify my reasons to the tin rattler,

Archived