Auto Sleeper why don’t they listen

postnote

The MH that is near ideal for us and talking to people is the Auto sleeper Cotswold with the rear bath room. However the main stumbling block is the lack of a fixed bed, it’s a case of having to pull the two settees together. Now if they made it with an over cab bed I would have no hesitation in buying one. At the show they also had the Cotswold with a fixed rear bed, but the draw backs were part of the bed being cut away to make access to the toilet/shower possible. Access is not good and you end up bashing into the door keep plate. :$

As we sat in the rear bathroom Cotswold pondering, at least 4 other couples came in and said the same thing. Loved the rear bathroom but we all hated having to make a bed up; all said an overhead cab bed would be the best option. Even one of the sales people from Brownhills agreed most people ask for an overhead cab bed.

When asked, Auto Sleeper said they have no plans to bring out a Cotswold with an overhead cab bed. Typical of British management not listening to the buying public. I’ll stay with my German Ixeo IT645.

That's why we bought a LeVoyageur, it had the only layout we wanted, rear bathroom and electric drop down bed. The british makers will never do that, just not the done thing old chap. We (the british it seems)prefer having to ponce about pulling settees out at night and fumbling around in lockers for the bedding. Not us I'm afraid, if were paying in excess of fifty grand the least we expect is a certain amount of home comforts. We gave up camping many years ago, so don't see why we should have to do it in a motorhome.

postnote - 2011-11-22 9:25 PM

Lets get past the why....

...... OK let;s get back to the original question

What original question?...you didn't ask one...... (lol)

All you've really done is tell us that you would've prefered a layout which included an over-cab but were some reason, looking a vehicle which didn't have one..... :-S

pepe63 - 2011-11-23 11:41 AM

All you've really done is tell us that you would've prefered a layout which included an over-cab but were some reason, looking a vehicle which didn't have one..... :-S

Oh Pepe you can be so pedantic.. The question is in the subject box, couldn't you raise your eyes that high (lol) (lol) (lol)

My apologies...it's just that with the lack of any question marks(..and no question as such in the post),I just read the title as a statment of frustration... ;-)

As for "Why" they don't do it as an overcab?...well,I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of overcab models would to be bought by thoughs with young families and AS's range is,in the main,aimed that the "more mature" MHer(..and with names like Cotswold/Broadway/Berkshire etc,the model range hardly has a "young'n'hip" sound to it does it..(lol) ).

..and they probably feel that they "do" enough overcabs across their range as it is...perhaps.... :-S

postnote - 2011-11-23 10:04 PM

pepe63 - 2011-11-23 11:41 AM

Oh Pepe you can be so pedantic.. The question is in the subject box, couldn't you raise your eyes that high (lol) (lol) (lol)

Nope.

What's in the subject box is, as written, not a question; it is a statement.

Archived