DC. A brave man or a fool?

Dave225

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2011-12-11 8:03 PM

but considering the way the system works we should be ruled by the intelligentsia, yet they are incapable of weeding out the wheat from the chaff *-)..............We all know people who are working the system....................indeed, in some communities it appears to be a badge of honour 8-)

I may well be knocking on the benefits system door one day if the arthritis in my ankle gets any worse 8-)

Hey young man You make your pelmets etc with your hands or with your ankle.

If it is with your hands why would you be entitled to claim anything because you had a bad ankle

Fit to work is my opinion :D :D :D

Seriously, I believe that it will be three months to six months before anyone will be able to tell for sure if D.C. was a brave man or a fool

Just wait until some one dicides to invade France then you will very quickly come to see just how isolated the French would like to make us :D

The French conveniently forget that with a French born bloke in power in Madagascar as a virtual dictator putting all the contracts Frances way including control of the oil every time the EU try and take action against them out comes the French embargo card. The fact is we all of us are out to protect our own interests and it will most likely always be so.

Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Holland and the Czech Republic have not signed up yet and may not do so. So why did they not leave the 'Summit' meeting.

Merkel makes a statement today saying "it's vital that the UK stays in Europe." Sarky keeps his mouth shut for a change. Are they after something I wonder?

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2011-12-14 10:46 PM

Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Holland and the Czech Republic have not signed up yet and may not do so. So why did they not leave the 'Summit' meeting.

Merkel makes a statement today saying "it's vital that the UK stays in Europe." Sarky keeps his mouth shut for a change. Are they after something I wonder?

Dave

The French are blaming the Germans for their industry being in decline and all the presidential candidates are using the slogan "made in France" so it is not all lovey-dovey between those two countries.

postnote - 2011-12-10 1:34 AM.

Britain can and will stand on its own feet and prosper as it has in the past. Those of you who disagree then please go now as we need positive people to be able to move forward.

Well said :-)

Let them all bugger orf (lol) besides, there's a lot more living space over in Frogland than here ;-)

Lord Braykewynde - 2011-12-15 1:38 PM

Read my hero. All very true :-)

http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/289553

Well said that man.

Indeed it is. However, without in any way detracting from what he says, I suspect Frau Merkel knows all of that at least as well as Forsyth. I also, on information now emerging, somewhat suspect that Cameron could have gained most of what he wanted if he had been prepared to tell the Foreign Office what he was after, and then hadn't tabled his request at 2.30 am Friday morning. The implications of the UK opt-out, presented at that time, with a deadline fast approaching, to a group of largely middle aged, tired, and no doubt already frustrated, political leaders were not properly debated or considered. It seems they were simply rejected because they appeared as an ultimatum, with the deliberate intention of "bouncing" the others into accepting them as a "pig in a poke".

Lesson one for Cameron. Don't treat 26 European heads of state and prime ministers as a bunch of Etonian fags! Stupid boy! It will cost us dear (no, not you Dear! :-)). In the end we'll get a watered down version of what he wanted, for all the reasons Forsyth sets out, but Sarkozy will get his pound of flesh first. They all have to do things their home supporters won't like, so they all have to have someone to blame for the pain. Enter DC with a badly cocked up negotiating strategy. Ideal candidate! Blame him. So they did.

Final point, it appears there is no actual draft treaty, so none of the proposals against which DC has been claiming to "protect" UK interests are, at present, any more than mere debating points, not firm proposals. So, why not agree in principle, while reserving final judgement until the individual proposals are set out in detail? A little diplomatic pump priming among the other states before, and during, the conference seems to be the normal approach, rather than an 11th hour demand on a take it or leave it basis. It was all on DC's face, he'd shot himself in both feet and he realised it. So, possibly brave, but nevertheless, on that occasion, far more fool than diplomatic genius. However, he's a bright bloke, so presumably he won't make that mistake again! I do hope not.

Didn't he veto a treaty revue for all 27 members when it's the problem of the 16 members of the Euro and them alone to sort out their problems. If you ever watched the Horizon programme about the subsidies claimed for non existant olive groves and pigs that could find their way back over the border when released and put it against the countries that have the worst defisits you find they match. If Germany and France were foolish enough to join with these countries in finance it's their own fault. John :-(

nowtelse2do - 2011-12-14 11:29 PM

Syd - 2011-12-14 10:49 PM

They are after MONEY

Syd, I can't believe that's true, not with all that gold in their vaults, wonder if they will use some of that or just keep on relying on handout's

Dave

They are looking for £30 billion from the UK

Well said that man.

That mans at it again although on some points he's reiterating what I've already posted on this forum like how the Frogs and Krauts have finally managed to dominate this country through politics rather than the bullet. He must read this forum. I think it's called plagiarism although he should be in charge of our foreign policies especially anything to do with that corrupt lot in Brussels and Strasbourg, wherever they are sitting :-)

.... http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/290171

Patricia - 2011-12-17 8:47 PM

I read these pages and found them interesting but confusing. I thought Frederick Forsyth supported the Labour Party who are all for the EU? Am I mistaken or has he changed allegiance?

Ask him Patricia but by letter. If you ask him face to face you might find yourself covered in feathers (lol)

To be honest I'm not sure who he supported in the past but like me, he probably saw the light 10 years ago :-)

I read these pages and found them interesting but confusing. I thought Frederick Forsyth supported the Labour Party who are all for the EU? Am I mistaken or has he changed allegiance?

I think you must be thinking of someone else.

Have a look at Wikipedia - where he is described as a 'Eurosceptic - Conservative'

(?)

malc d - 2011-12-17 9:14 PM

I think you must be thinking of someone else.

Have a look at Wikipedia - where he is described as a 'Eurosceptic - Conservative'

(?)

Ken Follett perhaps?

I thought Frederick Forsyth supported the Labour Party who are all for the EU?

Not all Labour MPs support their party line Patricia. A large proportion of them are euro sceptics and not surprisingly no Labour back benchers attacked David Cameron on his veto at the last EU conference. Infact some stood up and applauded him for his not giving in to the Eurocrat thieves. No doubt it was Red Ed and Bugeye Balls that were doing the feather spitting then (lol)

Lord Braykewynde - 2011-12-17 12:45 PM

Well said that man.

That mans at it again although on some points he's reiterating what I've already posted on this forum like how the Frogs and Krauts have finally managed to dominate this country through politics rather than the bullet. He must read this forum. I think it's called plagiarism although he should be in charge of our foreign policies especially anything to do with that corrupt lot in Brussels and Strasbourg, wherever they are sitting :-)

.... http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/290171

Well, so he does. He also said, in amongst all the hyperbole:

"So, for those of us with no taste for British self-abasement, is all lost? Not at all. For one thing, what came out of Brussels was not a new treaty but the proposal for a new treaty. There is a procedural chasm between the strutting Sarkozy and a treaty signed and ratified by 26 EU nations. That means 26 parliaments, 26 heads of state.

Now will the proud Danes, Swedes, Finns and Poles take to being told the wonderful news that, in future, their budgets will have to be read and approved by Berlin first? I foresee roaring objections to this. How will they like being told that Germany will now have to agree any new taxes in their countries because they were responsible for wrecking the euro when they weren’t?"

Which I thought illustrated rather well why Cameron never needed to use the nuclear option. He could easily have agreed in principle in the full knowledge that once the negotiations on terms began, he'd get his opt-outs or special considerations as part of the horse trading with others on their special interests pleadings. The "yield or die" approach of duelling has always had that disadvantage; someone ends up getting killed or wounded! In this case it was Cameron, who appears to have fired early, hitting himself in the foot. Silly boy! :-)

Archived