Invertor

Mr  Mrs Batty

I have played with both pure sine wave and modified sine wave inverters. I have also played with several laptops and their mains adapters connected to both inverters. Some laptop mains adapters will not work off modified sine wave inverters, indeed on the 3rd attempt to get one inverter to run it fried in stead. All the laptops worked find from the pure sine wave inverter. Tv sets and microwave ovens and phone chargers can all behave the same. If you want to be 100% sure then try the combination first or get a pure sine wave inverter.

Oh, always have a MAINS ON neon light in a conspicuous place then you will not forget to turn the inverter off when its not in use.

C.

Good tip on the indicator Clive :) we installed a ring 2100w unit as it will cover anything we need but its mainly for the microwave and the odd blip of the wifes hairdryer etc.  http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=RINV2100

Laptop etc I'm not sure why users would want to take DC and convert it to AC only to drop it back down through a transformer again and into the lappy. Laptops etc we always use a 12v supply if they need charged.

Clive - 2012-01-11 10:10 PM

I have played with both pure sine wave and modified sine wave inverters. I have also played with several laptops and their mains adapters connected to both inverters. Some laptop mains adapters will not work off modified sine wave inverters, indeed on the 3rd attempt to get one inverter to run it fried in stead. All the laptops worked find from the pure sine wave inverter. Tv sets and microwave ovens and phone chargers can all behave the same. If you want to be 100% sure then try the combination first or get a pure sine wave inverter.

Oh, always have a MAINS ON neon light in a conspicuous place then you will not forget to turn the inverter off when its not in use.

Thanks Clive - yes one thing we have settled on is a illuminated switch so we dont leave it on.

Thanks for your advice.

C.

:-)

cobra rob - 2012-01-11 10:43 PMGood tip on the indicator Clive :) we installed a ring 2100w unit as it will cover anything we need but its mainly for the microwave and the odd blip of the wifes hairdryer etc.  http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=RINV2100

Laptop etc I'm not sure why users would want to take DC and convert it to AC only to drop it back down through a transformer again and into the lappy. Laptops etc we always use a 12v supply if they need charged.

Hi Rob thanks for the reply and links. The 2100w one in the link looks very good value. Is that the one you have got ?Mr B (Neil) :-)

Mel B - 2012-01-11 8:33 PM

Give her £20 quid and send her round charity shops and car boot sales and that should sort her out ... however be prepared for her getting 'addicted' and then going back and spending more ..... :D

lol thanks Mel,

when we go to Spain Mrs B always goes to the boot sales & markets with Kathy and seems to get loads of really good 'stuff' for really cheap prices.

Will give her a 20 euro note hope she doesnt notice and work out the exchange rate !

;-)

Archived