Rolling over Tesco vouchers

chris

Just in case new members or others are not aware of this, you can exchange any old Tesco vouchers and have them reissued for later dates. eg:-

I had £113 worth of vouchers running out by August this year and was not sure if we would use them due to family illness so Tesco are now going to reissue these in my next statement and they will then run out in 2014.

If the date had gone on the coupon you would lose it but if it hasn't expired yet then they can be exchanged.

This is good if you need to save up for large items. As soon as possible though I will be using them for the Tunnel.

Hope this is relevant for new and current members

Chris :-D

Now that is worth knowing! :-)

Good job we have people like you and Mel to keep us abreast of all the little tweaks that can be made with Tesco vouchers - thanks :-)

Another one of the rewards worth looking at is the hungry horse restaurant voucher - that one is still worth 4 x the value.

They do 2 roasts for £10 on Sundays, so the pair of us could eat out for £2.50 in vouchers. Bargain!

Another different but useful point is that if you exchange Tesco Vouchers for Tunnel Vouchers and then can't use the Tunnel vouchers (which happened to us last year due to illness neccessitating a series of hospital appointments over a lengthy period ) Tesco will take them back and turn them back into Tesco Vouchers if they are still in date. Additionally If you have booked the Tunnel and then can't go you may be able to postpone travel to a later date (possibly more than once) although there may be cost implications you will get credit for the amount paid for the original journey even if it was paid By Tesco Vouchers.

I just phoned up and ask if I could exchange them and they were really good fair play. Explained to me that it was best to exchange as I was doing otherwise could lose them completely. Said that they will all now be added to my February voucher issue.

The phone number was 0800 591 688

chris

HymerVan - 2012-01-10 2:27 PM

Additionally If you have booked the Tunnel and then can't go you may be able to postpone travel to a later date (possibly more than once) although there may be cost implications you will get credit for the amount paid for the original journey even if it was paid By Tesco Vouchers.

We did just that a few years ago when we had booked a December crossing but then couldn't go because OH had to have an op. I rang the tunnel and explained that, and said I wanted to change the booking to May, returning July. No problem, and in fact it didn't cost any extra, as the "new" crossings were the same price as the ones I'd booked, no admin charges either.

Your booking can be changed during 12 months following THE DATE OF BOOKING, not date of travel. So a crossing booked today, can be changed up to the 9th of January 2013. And providing the cost is the same there is nothing to pay for changing.

Ina.

Another was of 'extending' the dates on your vouchers is to 'overpay' when changing them for deals vouchers, for example I wanted to swap some Tesco vouchers for English Heritage (EH) Deals Vouchers and the amount of Tesco vouchers I needed to cash-in was £25 to obtain £75 worth of EH Deals Vouchers.

However, although I did have Tesco vouchers for the exact amount as they don't expire until later this year I didn't really want to use them, so as I had 2 vouchers to use by the end of March 2012 I thought I'd use those instead.

These 2 vouchers had values of £20.00 and £21.50 making £41.50 in total, so the 'over-exchange' of £16.50 will go back into my Tesco voucher kitty and therefore be extended as they will be included in the next lot of vouchers due out shortly. :-D

The other thing to remember is that you can still change your booking up to 24 hours AFTER you were originally due to travel so if you get held up for some reason on your way to Eurotunnel all is not lost. The only cost incurred is if you change to a more expensive crossing, then you have to pay the difference.

As for how many times you can change your booking with Eurotunnel ... there is no limit as far as I'm aware ... I've changed the same booking several times before today and there hasn't ever been a problem! :$

When we had to have our lovely dog Midge put down 2 days before we were due to cross a few years back they even refunded the money we'd paid for his travel!

When ever I've had to change stuff with ferry companies they've always wanted to make an admin charge, and the last time I had to make a change via a ferry crossing booked via the Caravan Club they added an admin charge to the ferry company admin charge!!! 8-)

Just to clarify what has been established ....

- Once you have exchanged your Tesco vouchers for Eurotunnel vouchers you have a maximum of 6 months to make a booking using them; the actual 'valid to' date is printed on the vouchers.

- Tesco may agree to change the Eurotunnel vouchers to later ones, or refund them back to your account if you are unable to use them in the allotted time period.

- One you have made your Eurotunnel booking, you can ring and amend the travel dates at any time within 12 months of the date you actually rang to make the booking (subject to paying any extra cost if the cost of travel on the new dates is more expensive).

- The travel MUST take place WITHIN 12 months of the ORIGINAL DATE YOU RANG TO MAKE THE BOOKING - you cannot go beyond that date. For example if you originally made the booking on 2 May 2011 to travel out on 1 August 2011 and return on 1 September 2011, but then wanted to change to a later date, the LATEST return date you could have is 1 May 2012.

- You can contact Eurotunnel on 0800 591 688 or, for those with a mobile, on 01382 822200. :-D

carebear - 2012-01-15 8:45 PM

Anybody know if i could use my vouchers to book for myself , and my son`s car / caravan both travelling together.

Is it just the surname on the vouchers.

Yes it is just the surname on the vouchers so I can't think there'd be a problem as I'm not aware of any other way to check who they belong to.

Archived