Snow

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

This time last week we were just leaving Spain............................Now we're looking at another 4" of snow on top of the 3" we already have *-)......................

Had to work in the workshop in thermals today........and left the heating on in the camper in the "garage" tonight 8-)

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2012-02-03 7:14 PM

It was fine sunny and dry until you came home Dave - please will you go back!!

I'm happy to accept donations to the "Go back to Spain Pelmetman" fund :D

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2012-02-03 8:36 PM

I'll donate to the fund that sends you to Scotland now, preferably Cape Wrath :D :D

Dave

Sorry Dave........I don't look good in a cape ;-)...................Plus I've been to Scapa Flow 8-) 8-)

It took me a week to thaw out *-)

We've also put the heating (small oil filled radiator) on in the MH tonight as when hubby checked it earlier today the 'kitchen' tap had 'frozen' despite there being no water in it and the lever being in the central open position. 8-)

Can someone remind me why we decided to postpone going on our Spanish trip from mid-Feb to mid-April! *-)

Just seen the ITV weather forecast - it's going to be down to -4 tonight and only getting up to +1 tomorrow with lots of snow on its way later afternoon .... we're supposed to be collecting some sliding wardrobe doors in the morning (in the camper) so I hope the snow doesn't arrive early!!! 8-)

Guest pelmetman
michele - 2012-02-03 10:46 PM

SERIOUSLY folks who has snow and where in the country are you ..

None here in sunny Essex well M11 essex

Blimey the sun is still shinning at 1046 PM :D...........................I new I shouldn't of left :-D

SSShhhhhhh will you lot stop talking about snow, I have 2 long days ahead of me 8am till 9pm all on the roads going from house to house. I really don't want snow, not convinced my little Yaris will cope with it :'(

I think I only have a few patients who really cannot get to food and water but they are all miles away, ohhh if only people were as neighbourly as they used to be.

Got the shovel ready!!!

Mandy

Ah mandy thats very kind of you what would they do without you .

I hope it dont hit to bad where you are .

Its about 4" thick here and its be coming down since 6.30 ish and still snowing but its not big flakes but its lots of small ones fine stuff and windy to.

Please post PICCYS EVERYONE AS I CAN'T ...... Love to see the snow.

Started to snow during last nights shift so we got a feel for it, managed to get back before the worst set in.

Now got tons of it :-( :-( am taking Andy as driver and ballast and Louise as runner and fit body for pushing, got 7 visits this morning, 3 vulnerable, one unable to get food and drink without us so got to get there. She lives in a street of terraced houses , I wonder if anyone knows her name *-)

Lovely to look at out the window and walking in it, just the driving I don't like and not having the control.

Have a great day all of you and stay safe.

Mandy

Good effort Mandy (and your Family), for working with and supporting the needy and vulnerable.

Your efforts and commitment are hugely valuable and I hope your Managers regularly appraise you of this.

Please accept my personal appreciation and thanks for your contribution.

For me, it's always to good to hear of folks efforts in such matters if only to bring some much needed perspective to some of the bilge thrown to and fro on here occasionally.

Martyn

Just spent over an hour digging a 2 foot drift off the drive now I can get the car out , but the road outside is almost impassable , the gritters do not know we exist , but the council do when they want their council tax its over 1 mile to get to the main road. Never mind we got plenty of food in and at least the temp has risen quite a bit .

LordThornber - 2012-02-05 7:50 AM

Good effort Mandy (and your Family), for working with and supporting the needy and vulnerable.

Your efforts and commitment are hugely valuable and I hope your Managers regularly appraise you of this.

Please accept my personal appreciation and thanks for your contribution.

For me, it's always to good to hear of folks efforts in such matters if only to bring some much needed perspective to some of the bilge thrown to and fro on here occasionally.

Martyn

Well said young man

Guest pelmetman
LordThornber - 2012-02-05 7:50 AM

Martyn

Yep we should all go out and clear our elderly neighbours paths, so when they slip over and break their hips they can get "Claims 4U" to sue you for a nice winter bonus ;-)

I joke of course :D..........................................well I hope I do :-S

Archived