Snow

Guest pelmetman

Guest Tracker
A mere 6" of snow here overnight - and up to 30" in drifts along the drive but three hours of shoveling later and we can get out if we need to - but as we really don't need to I'll let the other idiots who don't really need to go out compact the snow to make it more interesting later and tomorrow!

Glorious sunshine at the moment, sitting outside having a nice cool glass of Mahou beer, lovely.

Hope it's not too cold in Blighty. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
peter - 2012-02-05 4:12 PM

Glorious sunshine at the moment, sitting outside having a nice cool glass of Mahou beer, lovely.

Hope it's not too cold in Blighty. (lol)

Did that last week ;-)..........................I'd much rather be here huddled around the log burner :-S

Guest Tracker
Colin Leake - 2012-02-05 4:36 PM

I put some polish on our snow shovel to stop the snow sticking to it. Sounds I know but it does work very well.

Is that a riddle Colin? How many Polish do you need on a snow shovel to prevent it sticking?

It started slowly yesterday afternoon, soft fluffy little flakes which got heavier and heavier, so in an hour or so we ended up with 4 inches of the stuff! Looks very pretty and we've been out with the dogs this afternoon in it to see the horses in the fields opposite and give them some carrots. Very pleasant walking in the sunshine but once the sun started to go it turned cold ... gonna be another cold night m'thinks.

Took my Basset Hound out over the fields there is about 15cm of snow, he ran obout like a loon chased down 2 large terriers to a standstill and was still running like crazy. As the snow was up to his mid shoulder it might have been his undercarrige was chilled it would probably make me a bit spritely if my bits were dragging in the snow. John (lol)

Archived