Politically correct BBC

Lord Braykewynde

A leaked paper by a BBC senior manager to corporation journalists instructs them to refrain from calling Abu Qatada an 'extremist' 8-)

It tells them to avoid using the description and insisted they use the word 'radical' instead :-S

Also old photographs mustn't be used of him when he was fat because since he's been in jail he's a lot thinner *-)

A BBC spokesperson said "We always think very carefully on the language we use".

Just a pity he doesn't starve to death but that's just my take on it :-)

A rapist was released up here last week but has been 'hounded' out of where he was living by crowds outside his house. Maybe if this lunatic received similar treatment he would get the idea he is just not wanted in civilised society. Just occasionally mob rule gets the attention of the authorities and they then act swiftly.

Dave225 - 2012-02-09 8:37 PM

Just occasionally mob rule gets the attention of the authorities and they then act swiftly.

OMG Dave, we've been down this road in recent months. I just hope the Gump has genuinely gone away and doesn't see your comment else you'll feel the lashing of his keyboard 8-)

Recalling one instance he did give an example where a doctor was driven out of her home after having her home trashed and almost losing her life because of mobs. In truth she had some graffitti sprayed on her front door.

I'm still waiting for an explanation of why he posted such lies especially as he preaches others to use Google to get their facts right *-)

. Just occasionally mob rule gets the attention of the authorities and they then act swiftly.

The trouble with mob rule is that they so often get it wrong.

A doctors home was attacked by a mob who were so thick that they didn't know the difference between a paediatrician and a paedophile.

:-(

malc d - 2012-02-09 10:26 PM

. Just occasionally mob rule gets the attention of the authorities and they then act swiftly.

A doctors home was attacked by a mob who were so thick that they didn't know the difference between a paediatrician and a paedophile.

Correct, they painted graffiti on her door but at no time did her home get trashed or her life threatened as FG stated at the time. Read what the Chief Inspector says and some have swallowed the rumours and perpetuate it in internet gossip.

I quote ....

Police talk

Just what is the truth? In August 2000, a female paediatrician consultant called Yvette Cloete was indeed labelled a "paedo" after a campaign by the News of the World to name and shame paedophiles in the community.

The incident took place in Newport, Gwent, not in Portsmouth (where there had been anti-paedophile protests after eight-year-old Sarah Payne was murdered) or London.

Dr Cloete returned from work at the Royal Gwent Hospital to find "paedo" spray-painted on her front door. Local police believe the graffiti was written by someone who confused her job title with the word paedophile.

It was no doubt a very distressing incident for Ms Cloete, who decided to move home shortly afterwards. But there is no evidence that a mob was involved or of any threats or incidents of physical pressure or violence.

"Why let the truth get in the way of a good story?" says Chief Inspector Andrew Adams, of Gwent Police, who was the liaison officer in charge when news of this incident broke six years ago. He remembers very well that stressful night, when he gave 18 live interviews to various media outlets.

"There was no big mob," he says. "Nothing like that happened. I know because I was there and I was involved. The lady was not in her home when it happened. She came home from work to see her door daubed with anti-paedophile graffiti.

"When we heard about it we set about dispelling the rumours that she or anyone else in that house was a paedophile. We explained to the local community the difference between paediatrician and paedophile."

Who did the graffiti? Mr Adams says he still isn't sure. "We think it was youngsters, probably someone in the 12 to 17 age bracket."

Lord Braykewynde - 2012-02-09 10:53 PM

malc d - 2012-02-09 10:26 PM

Correct, they painted graffiti on her door but at no time did her home get trashed or her life threatened as FG stated at the time. Read what the Chief Inspector says and some have swallowed the rumours and perpetuate it in internet gossip.

I quote ....

Just what is the truth? In August 2000, a female paediatrician consultant called Yvette Cloete was indeed labelled a "paedo" after a campaign by the News of the World to name and shame paedophiles

My post was a response to Dave225 s' comment - ( I've no interest in disputes about what FG may or may not have said ), and was about the dangers of mob rule.

The fact is that a mob ' attacked ' the property of a perfectly innocent lady doctor, who fortunately was out at the time, and apparently frightened her to the extent that she felt she had to move house. To my mind that is unacceptable.

The age of the mob is irrelevant. I doubt if many of them had the capacity to read the News of the World, so someone older in years, but not necessarily in brains, must had put them up to it.

Once this Abu whats his name is released I would suggest that any other fat blokes with beards move out of the area where he lives !

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2012-02-10 10:15 AM

Once this Abu whats his name is released I would suggest that any other fat blokes with beards move out of the area where he lives !

;-)

I think the hook will give him away ;-).........................unless he moves to an area with a lot of Captain Hook impersonators :D

pelmetman - 2012-02-10 10:39 AM

;-)

I think the hook will give him away ;-).........................unless he moves to an area with a lot of Captain Hook impersonators :D

That's a different Abu, Dave.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2012-02-10 10:46 AM

pelmetman - 2012-02-10 10:39 AM

;-)

That's a different Abu, Dave.

;-)

Have I got my Hookers in a twist (lol) (lol)

How many of these nutters are we paying for? 8-)

Robinhood - 2012-02-10 11:59 AM

;-)

....oh dear! Remind me again where he lives. :-(

Lime Tree Lodge,

Major Oak Drive,

Edwinstowe,

Sherwood Forest,

Nottinghamshire.

Lord Braykewynde - 2012-02-10 1:13 PM

Robinhood - 2012-02-10 11:59 AM

;-)

....oh dear! Remind me again where he lives. :-(

Lime Tree Lodge,

Major Oak Drive,

Edwinstowe,

Sherwood Forest,

Nottinghamshire.

.....I'd better warn Friar Tuck to be careful, then! ;-)

Archived