taylor made or siver screen windscreen covers

John Younger

We bought Taylormade Screens because they were at the Newark Show and we could fit them to our van there and then. Not been disappointed with them. Well made, fit well and keep the cold out and the heat in and stops the condensation. Easy to fit and well worth their money.

Not sure what Motorhome you have, but they don't make ones to fit everything so check before you decide.

Three years ago I bought a set of Silver Screens for my Murvi , They have been used all over France, Spain and the UK in all weathers both Hot and cold and have been excellent.

At the moment they are on winter duty keeping the extream cold out in conjunction with a little 500w heater on frost alert.

All I can say is they do the job and seem almost indestructable

Hope this helps

John

If you go to the 'Silver Screens' main site and click on the Economy Version button, you get the following info:

www.silverscreensdirect.co.uk has been formed to offer an alternative 'Economy' range of screen covers, which are a 'No frills' alternative for Motorhome owners wanting quality cab window insulation at reduced cost! They are manufactured to a quality controlled standard, but carry no labels etc to minimise costs.

These 'web exclusive' screen covers can only be bought via the

silverscreensdirect website (click on the link below).

PLEASE NOTE: This is a completely separate company to WWW.SILVERSCREENS.CO.UK, and any questions regarding the 'Economy' range on the above website, can only be answered by making contact using silverscreensdirect's email or the phone number quoted on the bottom of their website! (click link above).

Any questions directed to ourselves via the main Silverscreens phone number

will be redirected to the above mentioned phone number or email address.

The only difference, apart form the labels, that I can see is that the edging tape seems to be in black.

I have Taylormade & Silver Products (same as Silver Screens).

The Taylormade are heavier and bulkier I have the long line ones that cover the air intakes, over 3 years old now and adsorb a bit of water and are very tatty use then on the van at home.

Use the Silver Product ones when touring lighter less bulky don't seen quite so good for insulation but that's outweighed by the being easier to handle.

I have the Taylormade ones and chose them because of the extra length that covers the air inlet grille.

I've used them all winter at home for about 4 years and they're still ok, if a bit green in places!. They do absorb a bit of wet, but I just hang them up to dry before taking them away. Wouldn't be without them on site when it's cold or very hot. :-D

John Younger - 2012-02-28 7:58 PM

hi

what would anyone recommend ?

Have had Both, The are as good as each other in my opinion. Always bought mine Second-hand from mmm's readers sales. One we have now is a Silverscreen 'Pargon' with a fold down front. cost us about £70 , in 'as new condition'.

Tayormade were just as good quality, let them go with previous Van. Ray

Guest machra
I have had both. In my opinion TaylorMade seem to be a little bulkier than SilverScreens, while SilverScreens are a little tighter to fit. Both are excellent and I would highly recommend either when camping in winter.

Guest JudgeMental

I sold my taylor made covers last year when I PX'ed the coach built for a panel van. they are to bulky to carry in a panel van

my question: Is there a lighter less bulky version that packs down to a reasonable size? we dont camp in winter so a less dense cover would be fine. in fact we mainly use in summer to keep the heat out.....

machra - 2012-03-02 4:40 PM

I have had both. In my opinion TaylorMade seem to be a little bulkier than SilverScreens, while SilverScreens are a little tighter to fit. Both are excellent and I would highly recommend either when camping in winter.

We have Taylormade ones and I wasn't aware that they had magnets in anyway???? If you use them correctly you shouldn't need them - you just put the windscreen wipers on top of the covers and they hold the bottom part down. :-S

Archived